hey, i got my dean rb explosion yestersay and i have a question,
how come every time i tune it it gets out of tune?
please help me and tell me how to fix it.
thanks,
More info? Does it have a floating trem, how many springs in the back? What are you tuning it to? Guage of strings?
Are they new strings? If so they will need to be stretched first before they will begin to retain their tuning.

If not, er. You're screwed. Nah j/k but I can't help you then.
Gear(Sucks):
Aria STG Series Strat
Yamaha F310P Acoustic
BOSS DS-2 Distortion.
RMS 10 Watt Practice Amp

Wishlist:
New guitar
Brawl: 2578 4543 4918
you need to explain it in greater detail; there are hundreds of reasons for the guitar going out of tune.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
ok so yours has a floyd on it. look up how to tune a floyd rose trem, that should be a start.

after you tune it and lock the nut down your strings will go slightly out of tune, thats what the fine tuners are for. just tune it useing them. if its still not staying in tune you might need to get a set up done. it may also be new strings arnt yet worn in or they might even be old strings, both of wich will not stay in tune that well.
you're obviously new, so it may be a good idea to get it set up by a professional.

Have you checked the bridge? It should be parallel to the body, if not you're most likely gonna have tuning problems.
Quote by Mr. La Fritz

Squirrels are fluffy bits of gay.

Quote by LordPino
My penis is so big it has its own hands.
Quote by deanexplosion99
and theyre new

You need to stretch your strings, same as you would with any guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
if it has a Tremolo (or Vibrato or whatever the F-- you wanna call it) and the tremolo in question is not a Floyd Rose or a Kahler that locks up at the nut (before the strings go from the neck to over the headstock, each string gets locked down to the nut by usually 3 Allen Wrench Bolts):

(in that picture, the first one, the one on top is a standard non-locking nut and the second one, the one on the bottom, is a Locking Nut for a Floyd Rose Tremolo)

and a lot of Floyd Rose Tremolos lock at the Saddles too. NOT ALL OF THEM lock at the Saddles, like my Ibanez RG220B....that floyd Rose only locks up at the nut...on that axe, the Floyd Rose only locks one time...up at the nut just before the headstock....

(in that picture you see how the strings just go into the saddles and then you see how each of the six saddles has a long allen wrench Bolt coming from the ass-end of it...) what happens there, is that you cut the ball off of each string, and you put the cut string end into the saddle and then you lock it to the saddle with an allen wrench by tightening down those long allen wrench bolts coming from the ass-end of each saddle...and that makes the tremolo lock twice which (when set up properly) makes it a lot more difficult for the guitar to fall out of tune....

NOW...if you have a Standard, Non-Locking Tremolo....then usually...it's going to fall out of tune every time you use the tremolo...& there really isn't any alternative to that....but you can try running all of the 5 Tremolo Springs in the back of the guitar, a lotta times, that helps it return all the way back to where it's in tune...and you can try lubricating the non-locking nut with Graphite from a pencil....

and if neither of those two things work for you....sell it, throw in out, just get rid of it and buy a better axe (with a locking/floating bridge/Tremolo)
R.I.P.:
Randy Rhoads (December 6, 1956 – March 19, 1982)
Dimebag Darrell (August 20, 1966 – December 8, 2004)
Les Paul (June 9, 1915 – August 13, 2009)
Ronnie James Dio (July 10, 1942 – May 16, 2010)
Last edited by Mazz- at Jun 17, 2008,
Quote by Mazz-

NOW...if you have a Standard, Non-Locking Tremolo....then usually...it's going to fall out of tune every time you use the tremolo...& there really isn't any alternative to that.

is this only true for cheaper guitars with a floating system, or does it also apply to the top end fender strats, for example?
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Well I own a Gibson and I swear that the relative humidity, temperature, barometric pressure, and position of Mars' orbit determines how well it tunes/doesn't tune. Same with the sound of an amp.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.