GUITARS
Fender Mustang
Vintage Japanese Hot Rod 52 Telecaster Copy

EFFECTS
Boss DS-1 > Voce II Leslie Simulator > MXR Script Phaser > BBE Orange Squash Compressor > MXR 6-Band EQ

AMP
Fender 65' Deluxe Reverb Combo Amplifier (RI)

What should I improve?
What are you after?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Tone.. I play stuff like Blind Melon, Velvet Underground, Sgt. Pepper-era Beatles. So, I guess vintage, psychadelic, hippy tone.. (:
Personally, I'd replace the DS-1 with some kind of OD.

I personally recommend the Visual Sound Double Trouble, but from what I've heard the Maxon OD808 and Fulltone OCD are worth checking out as well.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
I use the DS-1 as a boost, distortion is at 0, tone at half, and I keep the level quite low..
MXR Carbon Copy, (Unless you can afford a Fulltone TTE )
zVex Fuzz Factory,
Fulltone OCD.

Would be my next 3 purchases with that rig
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Jun 17, 2008,
Quote by Zex.
I use the DS-1 as a boost, distortion is at 0, tone at half, and I keep the level quite low..

Personally I'd still recommend the Maxon OD808 or some other kind of OD, they have less gain than the DS-1 and sound much clearer, more articulate and musical where the DS-1 is a little fuzzy and harsh.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zex.
What about a Blues Driver rather than an OD?

A blues driver and an OD should be the same thing really, the point is that the DS-1 can be very fuzzy and harsh sounding which is not really something you want if you just want a booster.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
^ Can't say I've tried it, But I personally would go for a Fuzz Factory (as mentioned above) for a fuzz and a Vox V847a wah unless you want a reallly nice wah pedal such as Buddas and Fulltones.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Full tone ocd since it's ace on a clean channel, switch out the mxr 6 band with the 10 band. Through a good wah in there and you're set. Maybe a delay if that's your cup of tea.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not