Poll: plastic surgery?
Poll Options
View poll results: plastic surgery?
i agree
19 46%
i disagree
22 54%
Voters: 41.
purely for aesthetical purposes - not to improve burns etc.

do you agree or disagree, and why?

EDIT: whether you agree with the actual concept of it
Last edited by fender_696 at Jun 17, 2008,
people can do what they like, its their body
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Wiggy = legend.

Devil's Advocate
Poorly worded question. I would never do it, but I don't 'disagree' with it per se.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Disagree for the following reasons.
1. It can go wrong and you can end up in serious physical pain.
2. People are idiots. Often, people travel to developing nations such as Thailand because it's cheaper and you can have a have a holiday while you recover, but expect the same results as a $30k procedure surgeon from an inexperienced doctor with less than spectacular training.
3. When it does go wrong, some of the people decide to waste everyone involved's time by stirring up a shitstorm about it.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
It's relative to the person in question imo.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I think it's incredible some of the things they can do when done right. However, many doctors view it as a money making profession rather than a job that can severely impact their patients' lives.

To be honest, I'm all for some of the things they can do, but some of the non-routine procedures are really ****ing out there.

And then you always have the idiots who walk in and say, "make me Brad Pitt".

Overall, I think it's cool, wouldn't ever do it, but hell, it's definitely awesome in some cases.
It's your own choice entirely; if it's something you want then nobody should be able to stop you.
Show it off it you love it, don't moan if you hate it.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
horrendous waste of resources. disagree.
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
depends what it is
if its boob implants and you have boobs no point
if you dont fair enough
if you actually need it go for it but otherwise it seems to be more of an accessory than anything else
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by FuZzY(aus)
depends what it is
if its boob implants and you have boobs no point
if you dont fair enough
if you actually need it go for it but otherwise it seems to be more of an accessory than anything else

and?

if you have an MG you don't need a JCM800.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I know it's not much of my business what people do with their bodies but the whole 'if you don't like something about your body change it' attitude pisses me off. You have to learn to live with who you are. It seems to really affect the younger generations, already my daughter has decided she wants a boob job and a nose job. It's ridiculous to me.
Quote by Grundy0
I know it's not much of my business what people do with their bodies but the whole 'if you don't like something about your body change it' attitude pisses me off. You have to learn to live with who you are. It seems to really affect the younger generations, already my daughter has decided she wants a boob job and a nose job. It's ridiculous to me.

Would you be saying the same thing if 'body' was replaced with 'life'? That's fantastic advice IMO. If there's something about your life you don't like, change it. I can't see how this is any different.

I assume your daughter doesn't have the means for these procedures. But when/if she does, why shouldn't she get them?

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
no it's wrong, unless ur so ugly that michael jackson wants to hang out with u
鋼の錬金術師
Agree, merely because my dream is to have Joan Rivers' face sewed onto mine after she dies, so she can live on in spirit.

Quote by Grundy0

Show your daughter a documentary of these two procedures. When she sees the insane and disgusting scarring that is hidden beneath the airbrushing on the models, she'll never want to hear the word boob job ever again.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I wouldn't do it simply because I am lucky enough to be satisfied with my body and lucky enough not to possess a nagging feeling of succumbing to the negativity from others about my own body.

I wouldn't care if someone I didn't know underwent plastic surgery.
I would mind though if it is someone I know and care for who is undergoing plastic surgery for the most minuscule reasons.
HI GUYS!
I wouldn't have it done myself but it should be open to everyone, so I guess I agree with it.
:stickpoke
I wouldn't but some people would and I see no problem with that.
if it helps their self-esteem then that's just fine.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by SEZrules
i feel like you shouldnt do that cos it could go really wrong.

so can almost everything.

Quote by element4433
I agree with it on the whole concept of less ugly people...
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders