Hardware: black
Bridge: Schaller Floyd Rose
Tuning machines: Schaller M6
Sraplocks: Schaller
Controls: volume and tone
Switch: 3-way toggle

------------------------------------

It costs abour 2500€. Is it too much?
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
maybe, maybe not.

make? pics?
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Pics and manufacturer?
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
that depends on whether it is a signature model or something.... but seems to be a bit too costly....
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Special II
ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
BOSS OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal
Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby Wah Pedal
Laney P20 20-Watt 1x8 Amplifier
Yeah it seams a bit overpriced. Who is the manufacturer??

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//
The question is "who is making it?"
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Its hand made, I dont have pictures because its not yet made, the dude from ran guitars said the price, 2300€ + 200€ transport (from his country to my country), so the price is actually 2300€, sorry.
I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had...
it has some good features, mahogany body, edge binding, etc etc so i can see why it will cost that much in labour and materials.

however wether it is worth that much or not is another matter - if it ends up playing like a brick and sounding like crap then obviously not.
- Jimi Hendrix
i agree, its all down to how good the luthier is
so thats 3500$
My Gear

ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
The luthier made guitars for canibal corpse, annihilator and vader. Yeah, its so damn expensive... The mahogany is honduran, so that means the best (LP's and SG's are made from it)...
He could be good, its just that it would be nice to try a few of the guitars he has made so you know what to expect
Well im not buying, its a dude I know. He's been wanting one for a looong time, and now he's seriously thinking about buying. I was just surprised by the price, so I tought I'd ask...
If its a custom shop it's a normal price, even cheap compared to Jacksons. If not than I'm sure there are better guitars out there for less money with the same features.
Jackson KV 2, Jackson COW 7 (both in B), Jackson Demmelition V
Bogner Überschall (blue rev)
Marshall 1960B Vintage (2x V30 & 2x G12T75)
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
The list of top flight stuff and handmade by a luthier does add up to $$$.

I have a handmade guitar that I'm very proud of. I didn't want paint jobs, bindings, what nots so I told my luthier that I wanted good wood, poly-coated, good hardware and made with my specs about nut width, radius, frets, etc. I got my guitar for under $1000 with case. He call it the "no frills" guitar.

It seems that your friend ordered "the works" and I'd like to see it when it's done. If his guitar is made to his specs and he is very comfy with it then money's no object.
seriously man....your friend could get much better guitar than the specs mentioned above for that price....
My Gear

ESP KH-202 with OFR
Hobner Acoustic
No, but everyone believes they're special enough to charge a fortune for their services. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't but I don't believe in the intrinsic value of hand made items - I don't buy guitars for sentimental value. Besides, humans are more prone to error than machines.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by AiC
seriously man....your friend could get much better guitar than the specs mentioned above for that price....

What could you possibly improve on this guitar? If I had one like that, id be really proud of it.
Quote by Kada2110
What could you possibly improve on this guitar? If I had one like that, id be really proud of it.

The plastic truss rod cover should at least be metal
But for the rest yeah, this is a great guitar, comparable to USA Jackson or Charvel models
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
And to gibsons?
Quote by Kada2110
And to gibsons?

No clue, I'm a Jackson guy
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Oh, ok, thanks anyway.

Btw. aint the truss rod cover just decorative?
Quote by Kada2110
Oh, ok, thanks anyway.

Btw. aint the truss rod cover just decorative?

Sure but it looks more expensive
Same for the covers on the back for the controls & wiring. On cheap guitars they're plastic, on expensive ones it's brushed metal or aluminium. Looks & feels much more professional
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
Quote by Kada2110
And to gibsons?

As good as Gibsons are, a custom shop model will always beat a non-custom gibson.

And what could be better about those specs? Only thing I see that is upgradable are the pickups, your friend could get custom wound ones (swineshead, häussel and the like). It bears the question though if those custom pickups are better than Duncans, or just different. Your friend will have to decide for himself about that.
I think that the price is just all right. Considering the features, it's even damn cheap for a custom instrument.
I myself am planning to get a Redwood or Orca build by Nik Huber in the next three or four years, and these are just simple dual humbucker guitars with no trem or anything, yet they cost 4000€ and are worth every penny.
Quote by Ventor
Sure but it looks more expensive
Same for the covers on the back for the controls & wiring. On cheap guitars they're plastic, on expensive ones it's brushed metal or aluminium. Looks & feels much more professional

Lol, ok, you mean the cover of the floyd springs and pickup selector?
Quote by Kada2110
Lol, ok, you mean the cover of the floyd springs and pickup selector?

Yes.
TC Electronic G Major
BBE Sonic Maximizer 422A
Weber Mass 150w
ISP ProRackG
T.Racks Dinopower
It's a Ran Custom, they're very good - it's worth it.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by TheQuailman
As good as Gibsons are, a custom shop model will always beat a non-custom gibson.

And where do you come up with that math? It has little basis in reality I'd say.

What's "too" expensive? $1000? $2000? $5000? $10,000? $100,000?

There isn't a too expensive. It's all what you're willing to pay for something you
want.

Custom, hand made guitars aren't necessarily great guitars. Spec sheets don't
mean jack. Price doesn't have a lot to do with how good the guitar is (although it
generally indicates it meets a minimum quality standard). Great guitars can come
off a factory floor. Most people can't distinguish between an average guitar and something really special. Suckers are born every day.... All of that goes into the
buying and selling of guitars and the money exchanged for them.
That, my dear friend, is common sense. What I said was rather a rule of thumb than the be and end all of guitar prices.

Good point though, you don't always get what you pay for.
Quote by edg
Custom, hand made guitars aren't necessarily great guitars. Spec sheets don't mean jack. Price doesn't have a lot to do with how good the guitar is (although it
generally indicates it meets a minimum quality standard). Great guitars can come
off a factory floor. Most people can't distinguish between an average guitar and something really special. Suckers are born every day.... All of that goes into the
buying and selling of guitars and the money exchanged for them.

You know what's great about this post? You can actually break it up into a Confucius style list of one liners:

-Custom, hand made guitars aren't necessarily great guitars.
-Spec sheets don't mean jack.
-Price doesn't have a lot to do with how good the guitar is (although it generally indicates it meets a minimum quality standard).
-Great guitars can come off a factory floor.
-Most people can't distinguish between an average guitar and something really special.
-Suckers are born every day
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Thanks peeps! What do you know about ESP guitars?
Erm it seems overpriced for the spec. cant he just get a like really nice fender american strat
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...
Quote by GuitarManDan15
Erm it seems overpriced for the spec. cant he just get a like really nice fender american strat

yeah, that's exactly what i would do. i couldnt be bothered spending money just to be unique, that sort of cash could get a very nice strat.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Kada2110
Thanks peeps! What do you know about ESP guitars?

I know a whole Wikipedia article about them. What do you want to know?
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Quote by SenorSmiley
All guitars should cost under $500.00. If they cost more then that you're a cork sniffer

My god! Cork is but one of the substances I don't want to be caught sniffing!
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
^LOL!

To the OP - it's hard to know if it's overpriced without playing it or seeing it. It could use good materials but be assembled in China by a 6 year old.
Quote by TheQuailman

Not true.

All those old Gibsons that are selling for big bucks are guitars (for the most part) that came off the wall at a store.

Most of them will smoke any new Gibson - custom shop or not.

Plus, many of the "Custom Shop" models are the same as a standard model but may be a different color or have a different hardware option - so they build less and call it "Custom Shop".

CS is a buzz word now. I mean, we have Chinese guitars that are "Custom Shop".

I have a Gibson Custom Shop SG. I got it becasue I wanted a white one and that was the only way to get one. It's exactly like a regular SG Std - it's just white.

Same wood, pickups, neck, etc...
Page 1 of 2