hey UG,
I'm wondering what the difference may be between an MIM tremolo and any other 6 point tremolo

(note: apart from the non steel block)
i've played both the new mim and mia with the vintage 6 point and i'm sure the mia is better........but i really can't tell a big difference between the 2.
Only real difference is the metals used to make it. The cheaper trems are usually a cast metal that isn't all that hard and is far cheaper to produce. The higher quality trems are made of either high quality brass or steel and will usually have a solid brass block underneath the saddles.

Always try to get the best you can afford. The cast-metal trems are technically OK, but the metal isn't as hard as a higher quality one. It will not only wear out sooner, but it will also have a slightly "dead" sound to it since the inferior metals won't transmit vibrations as well as the high quality ones. Resulting in less "snappy-ness" and sustain.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
if you're thinking of a swap, they might be a different size as well (not sure on that, but it pays to check before you buy a new trem)...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
^ yeah, the wilkinson/gotoh ones generally are pretty nice. the callaham is meant to be nice too. again, as i said, though, make sure it'll fit. it might not.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?