Poll: Do you give money to beggars?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you give money to beggars?
Yes, they need the money.
15 8%
No way!
80 42%
Once in a while.
97 51%
Voters: 192.
Page 1 of 4
So do you give money to the poor guys on the street? Or do you ignore them and leave them? I personally never give money to them, most of the people in my town wasted their money on drugs and such, so its their own fault.

What about you?
I usually ignore them. I made a mistake of giving a guy a 20 once, and he bought beer. LOTS of beer.
Never. They can always go claim benefits if they're that poor.
No excuse for no one to have a job
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

If I give something to a homeless person it'll be food or water, that way I know they're not wasting it on drugs or booze.
Quote by CowboyUp
I usually ignore them. I made a mistake of giving a guy a 20 once, and he bought beer. LOTS of beer.

I hate when people criticize homeless people for that.
I mean sure, it;s not the right decision when you look at it rationally but I can understand why they do it. I know if I was going to be sleeping out in the cold and be hungry a few beers would definitely make it all seem better.
It's just escapism.

I usually bring them food in the mornings.

Quote by Neillya1

Ya, people are lining up to employ, alcoholics, drug addicts, paranoid schizophrenics, etc etc etc
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
No.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by Neillya1

Except for mass in-migration from rural areas in to the core looking for jobs.

A-level geography ftw.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by Neillya1

They can't claim benefits if they don't have a residence, and you try and get a job looking/smelling like they do. It's not as easy to get out of you make it sound.
If I give them anything it would be a sandwich or a bottle of water, never money, most of them would probably spend it on beer.
i gave this homeless guy a beer once because it was flat and he threw it back at me. ungrateful bum.
Quote by Grundy0
They can't claim benefits if they don't have a residence, and you try and get a job looking/smelling like they do. It's not as easy to get out of you make it sound.

Homeless Shelter - Shower - Minimum Wage/Benefits?

Maybe I'm just Naive
Quote by nightraven

Quote by thewho182

Quote by kyle33093

I think they could have done more with their life before they got that poor.
Yeah, whoever said something about the beer earlier was right. If I was poor as dirt, I'd buy myself a 20-30 pack of beer and get ****ing smashed. Then I wouldn't even care about being poor.

I drank last night, actually.
what's wrong with them buying drugs and booze? Hell if I knew I had to stay out on the street all night every night I'd get me some cheap ass cider to warm me up

Wouldn't buy drugs so much because lord knows I can't afford the habit and no one would miss me if the dealer collected debt by way of kidneys.

Just my $0.02
No, because Finland has an efficeint social welfare program to begin with.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Minkaro
Schizophrenia rap?

*beatboxes*

I have schizophrenia, I talk to myself,
People startin' to doubt my mental health,
Maybe someday I'll get the help I need,
But till then don't be blamin' mah weed.

*scratches*
Quote by Neillya1
Homeless Shelter - Shower - Minimum Wage/Benefits?

Maybe I'm just Naive

Yep. Very Naive
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
There's only one beggar around here, and yes, I spot him a fiver when I see him.

He's a nice guy.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
There are a couple of fake tramps around here, who actually have residences and beg for a living. they make a killing from a predominantly middle class/ elderly area
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Quote by Neillya1

you're naive. I had 4 a levels graded a-b in maths and sciences and I couldn't get a job anywhere and searched for a year. To claim benefits, you have to have a home and bank account. To get a bank account, you need your details (passport etc)... which you don't keep if you don't have a home. To have a home, you need benefits and/or a job. To get a job, you need more than qualifications... you need a LOT of luck.
It's complicated. And people don't want to live in the hostels the government provides because they're nasty and you get people beating you up etc. It's not as easy as you think!
Wow, I feel bad now
Never realised it was like that.
Quote by nightraven

Quote by thewho182

Quote by kyle33093

Quote by chimpinatux
There are a couple of fake tramps around here, who actually have residences and beg for a living. they make a killing from a predominantly middle class/ elderly area

A professional beggar in the middle of London can make more in a year than a doctor.
I never give money to bums. I earned the money, so can they. And whenever you give thema bit of money, they just ask for even more.

Plus I don't like to go near them for fear of getting raped or something.
and this moment keeps on movin'
we were never meant to hold on.
Quote by Grundy0
A professional beggar in the middle of London can make more in a year than a doctor.

How you know that?
And the way I see it is:

Apply yourself in school as a child -> Scholarship -> College -> Job -> Not Homeless

If everyone did that, we wouldn't have a problem.
and this moment keeps on movin'
we were never meant to hold on.
Quote by Grundy0

True, but most of that is spent on protection money.
They don;t get those spots for nothing.

Beggers in Dublin have to pay money to the local gangs for the best spots.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ergin
How you know that?

There was a documentary on a man that did it. Lived in a lovely house, but went out and begged for a living. It was all about the ethical stand point of it, him asking for money when he doesn't really need it.

Quote by Ur all $h1t
True, but most of that is spent on protection money.
They don;t get those spots for nothing.

Beggers in Dublin have to pay money to the local gangs for the best spots.

Hmmmm, interesting.
Last edited by Grundy0 at Jun 17, 2008,
Quote by Grundy0
There was a documentary on a man that did it. Lived in a lovely house, but went out and begged for a living. It was all about the ethical stand point of it, him asking for money when he doesn't really need it.

Hmmm...

*Quits University*

*Moves to London*
Crap, I forgot to say...

We only have this one hobo in my town, and he came in to buy an order of small french fries. And of course, Burger King overprices everything to hell, so he was about to pay $2 for a small order of fries. I thought to myself, "Man, that's ****ed up." I told him to keep his money and I gave him a free thing of medium fries.
Giving money to a homeless charity is much more constructive than giving money to beggars.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by untalented
you're naive. I had 4 a levels graded a-b in maths and sciences and I couldn't get a job anywhere and searched for a year. To claim benefits, you have to have a home and bank account. To get a bank account, you need your details (passport etc)... which you don't keep if you don't have a home. To have a home, you need benefits and/or a job. To get a job, you need more than qualifications... you need a LOT of luck.
It's complicated. And people don't want to live in the hostels the government provides because they're nasty and you get people beating you up etc. It's not as easy as you think!

+1 some people will never understand
My Gear:

Jackson RR5
Marshall TSL601 Limited Edition Racing Green
Quote by steee21
Hmmm...

*Quits University*

*Moves to London*

But we all know that knowledge is worth more than gold.
Page 1 of 4