So me and my friend got our guitars (Ibanez RG Prestige) signed on saturday at the london guitar show by Yngwie Malmsteen and Joe Satriani.

I was wondering if any one knows how much this would increase its value (if at all), any price estimates would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
Kill them both and in a few years, you've got quite a treasure.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Bazilisck311
Kill them both and in a few years, you've got quite a treasure.

Even better, use the guitars to do it!
Quote by saphrax
Bit harsh I think! He comes back for the last 10 minutes against Roma, after being out all season, and you want him crippled again? You harsh wanker!

Aimed at me for saying I hope Gary Neville breaks all his limbs
if you want I'll add my name as well, just send it to me
Ben Pazolli
-----------------------
Epiphone Dot Studio
VOX Valvetronix VD-30AD
VOX V847 WAH-WAH Pedal
Boss Loop Station RC-2
-----------------------
"The nicest guy you'll ever f............ind"
Here's the thing - a signed guitar is usually not worth any more then it's unsigned version.

In some cases, it's worth less - example - an original '59 Les Paul signed by the guy from "America" would be worth less then the same guitar without the signiture.

I only use "America" as an example and because I passed on a 1960's Martin a few weeks back that he had signed recently.

In some cases, it would be worth more - perhaps if the artist was associated with the model - example - Yngvie Stratocaster signed by Yngvie Malmsteen or Eric Clapton Strat signed by EC.

If what you have is a cheap guitar with low value (Chinese no-name, Squier or Epiphone) signed by some random artist chances are the guitar will not be valuble - but the signiture may carry some value and get you some money back on it.

Example - Chinese Tele from Wal-Mart signed by Bruce Springsteen may be worth something to a bar owner in New Jersey who wants to hang it on the wall.

If it was free and your friend likes JS and Yngvie it's a cool thing to have
Signatures generally don't improve the value of a guitar; especially since people like Joe Satriani and Yngwie sign bucket loads of guitars every month.

Unless you get a guitar signed by an incredibly famous person (not just famous among guitarists) and preferably someone that passes away shortly afterwards, it won't really go up in value.

If you're incredibly lucky you'll find someone willing to pay a few bucks more just because it's signed, but that's it.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
^ He's right.

To be honest, a Hannah Montana guitar signed by Hannah Montana would be worth about 500x what an Yngvie Malmsteen guitar was worth.
its only worth a lot of money if one of them was having sex with jessica alba while signing the guitar
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
if you got a guitar signed by hendrix, rhoads, srv, ect... that might be worth somethin
stuff:
guitar.
amp.
acoustic.
what abt mustaine and broderick? ive got both o their's sigs on mine...
If you have in your possession a guitar signed by Joe Satriani, Yngwie Malmsteen AND the Great Kat, then you have an object worth the GDP of a small third world nation.

The Great Kat usually erases any other signatures on guitars she signs.

Sigh....
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Keep it, and hold it in a safe place. It's a bad thought, but once they die, the value will be enough to feed most of Africa.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by rooster456
...will be enough to feed most of Africa.

Hey! Get your own analogy douche bag!
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Technically it qualifies as a random signature, so the value really won't go up, especially for people that sign a lot of things. If it has something significantly associated with them, it is more likely to do so (not just having them sign even their signature model really makes much difference).

Keep in mind an extreme Satriani fan can quite easily get his signature by going to his show, since I've heard he is one of those people quite nice about that, so why would he spend top dollar for a guitar someone else got signed?
Ok i swear this guy posted this or someone did like this bout a week ago and i just said that unless you can prove they actually signed it, it actually de-values the guitar
Quote by .HUZZAH.
Just hit all the strings at once, raping your e string and making retardly out of place pinch harmonics

oh wait, this isn't a slipknot concert..

FREEBIRD!

And the amish said let their be CHEESE...