I am considering buying this amp used, but I was wondering how loud is it. Will it be as loud as my 15w SS amp? I usually play with my amp's volume between 1-2, but occasionally I turn it up more. I also have a Digitech Screamin' Blues and a Digitech RP100, how will these pedals work with the amp?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
The epi valve jr? if it's that one it will go way louder without sounding like crap. And epi valve jr takes pedals very good and If you I highly suggest you get the epi valve jr combo.I Saw the valve special on youtube and it sounds Very plain
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
Last edited by sebisbest at Jun 17, 2008,
The VS will probably be as loud if not louder than your SS amp. I've heard that the Valve Junior takes pedals well but the Valve Special I don't know.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
any wattage on a valve/tube amp will be louder than a 15-watt solid state.

and tubes are better at everything, so get it.
_______
|||||||||||||||
as with any valve amp fine mate but u shud get more regular valve amps then that ****ty special.
i gt it and it works but ur better off with a valveking
Quote by psychedelicscre
as with any valve amp fine mate but u shud get more regular valve amps then that ****ty special.
i gt it and it works but ur better off with a valveking

Hes not going to spend that much =s
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
Quote by sebisbest
The epi valve jr? if it's that one it will go way louder without sounding like crap. And epi valve jr takes pedals very good and If you I highly suggest you get the epi valve jr combo.I Saw the valve special on youtube and it sounds Very plain

Its basicaly the valve junior except its a combo amp, not the head and the speaker cab. I know the DSP effects are crap but I think this will be a large improvement over my current amp. At least I will be able to get some decent natural distortion. And yea a valveking is out of my pricerange.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

i have a valve jr, and if ur saying this amp is similar, i highly recommend it. it sounds amazing cranked up with its natural od. the only thing is i would also recommend an eq pedal to with it or else u might not get exactly what u want out of it. and it takes pedals very well. unbeatable for the price.

by the way unless u play metal, the valveking is crap. it sounded like someone had a blanket over the speaker and unless ur playing with lots of distortion, its just bad. my opinion, im sure im gonna get hell for that, for some reason VKs are very respected around here.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by lbj273
Its basicaly the valve junior except its a combo amp, not the head and the speaker cab. I know the DSP effects are crap but I think this will be a large improvement over my current amp. At least I will be able to get some decent natural distortion. And yea a valveking is out of my pricerange.

The valve jr can come in a combo form. But if you must get that it Still huge a improvment from a ss
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
i have a valve jr, and if ur saying this amp is similar, i highly recommend it. it sounds amazing cranked up with its natural od. the only thing is i would also recommend an eq pedal to with it or else u might not get exactly what u want out of it. and it takes pedals very well. unbeatable for the price.

by the way unless u play metal, the valveking is crap. it sounded like someone had a blanket over the speaker and unless ur playing with lots of distortion, its just bad. my opinion, im sure im gonna get hell for that, for some reason VKs are very respected around here.

Valveking can play everything it's the jack of all and master of none.There really good
epi les pual custom
ad15vt > for sale
valve jr head and cab
bad monkey
So I looked into the differences between the valve junior and the valve special and I found that the VS has a 10 in speaker, Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Master Volume, Reverb, and DSP Effects knobs. The DSP effects are delay chorus and flanger. It also has outputs for a speaker cab and a footswitch. The VJ has an 8 in speaker and only a master level knob. I don't play metal, only classic rock, blues, some punk, and RHCP stuff so the VS should be a pretty good fit.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

The Valve special is very similar to the Valve Standard. The only real usable effect is the reverb. Other than that, it's a very good amp with a warm tone that takes pedals very well.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I'm curious, what is the Valve Standard? Can someone link me to some info?

Valve Standard isn't in production any more.

I've got one... it's just a 15 watt special with a 12" speaker. Pretty much, the same amp with more head room and a little more volume.

EDIT: I suggest the Special over the Standard. If you want to use it for gigging however, a Standard would be better if you got one used or something. But if you're going used you could do better than both of them.

EDIT2: Actually... they're both kind of useless. Unless you really want the effects(which suck) I'd just go with a Valve Junior. The Gain knob on the Special will be nice for lower volumes, but you can use your Screamin' Blues to cover that. The Valve Junior half stack will be louder than the Special, and probably cheaper or the same price.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Last edited by Checker at Jun 17, 2008,
I listened to some sound clips and the VJ sounds a lot better than the VS. Which sounds better the combo or head version of the VJ? Another option I have is an Epiphone Triggerman 60 with evalve. From the reviews I've been reading, the evalve actually makes it sound like a tube amp.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020