are useless, my speaker that i have for my pc are crap! they cut off randomly just for no reason

my monitor has speakers built into it, but they sound a bit treble-y (which is crap as a bassist trying to tab songs) and they use to cut the sound randomly... so i stole an old pair of speakers from my bros old pc he don't use anymore, their alot louder and i thought i'd solved the problem of them cutting as it didn't do it for a few days but it started then and it does it all the time and it pisses me off. it could be half way though a song or a video or even doing nothing that involves sound, but theirs a tiny lil' click and they've stopped working, they did it just now when was watching the vid of the 400 pound 7 year old (deffo the parents)

any ideas what might be wrong with them? or might not even be the speakers might be something else... i dunno i'm crap with this sorta thing lol

any help would be great thanks

EDIT: only way to get the sound working again is too reset the whole pc
buy some brand new speakers. if it happens again i think it's ur pc that's causing the problem.
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
as a computer tech. it sounds like its the sound card. while it may be the speakers i highly doubt it. but i would try buying a brand new pair of speakers first, as it will prolly be cheaper. if not youll hae to buy a new sound card, and put it in. and depending on you computer change a few settings so that it uses the sound card.

buy the speakers and see if that works. if not send me a pm and we will talk.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
Quote by MotleyCrueSATD
as a computer tech. it sounds like its the sound card. while it may be the speakers i highly doubt it. but i would try buying a brand new pair of speakers first, as it will prolly be cheaper. if not youll hae to buy a new sound card, and put it in. and depending on you computer change a few settings so that it uses the sound card.

buy the speakers and see if that works. if not send me a pm and we will talk.

awesome! cheers dude will do