I don't know what genre to call it. It's rock, but I have no idea what specific sub-genre it is, because, well it changes a lot. Crit for Crit, just tell me where your song is at, and I'll hook it up.

Edit: It's not done.
Attachments:
Soft Riff.zip
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
i quite like it, its different from anything i listen to or have heard recently, i'd be intrested to hear the final product, when its done and all.

if you could crit my work in progress it would be much appreciated as my friends hate the sound of guitar pro and wont liste to my sh*t till i record it for real.
its also unfinished.. i cant do drums ad i need to re-arrage it and lengthen it a bit.
Attachments:
47.zip
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Good start. I really like that opening riff thing. The guitar line in the chorus part is also cool.

I think the chorus could be filled out a little better though, maybe do something more interesting with the bass, or add another guitar or something.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear this one progress, it's a lot different than all of the other stuff you find on here.
Thanks guys. It's my first try at legitimate song writing, glad to hear people like it.
Ok, I´m sorry if this seems offense to you, but that wasn´t my direction. This piece was kinda... weak, you know? The drums kinda didn´t suit the song, and some parts (25-29) seemed a bit off to me. I didn´t see the scale you used in there. Can you tell me which ones you used in the song?
In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
Banned for being the coolest April 08'er on UG.

please check out my own album:
almilano.bandcamp.com
I'm not offended. I don't know what scales are behind it, I just kind get a riff in my head and then tab it out.

Alkaline, I liked your piece a lot. The acoustic intro was awesome, I loved it. and then the electrics come in.

9/10. The only thing is, you have a lot of power chords. As cool as they sound, throw in some other things too, it'd make the piece 10x better.

Drums, maybe? Just a simple beat, and some fills occasionally.
cheers for the feed back wyld, much appreciated.
it is a work in progress so your comments will be noted I.E. add a few fills, have a look at the power chord situation.
unfortunatly i suck at drums on guitar pro so i'll just let ma drummer deal with that when it comes to it.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
For sure man, but, uh make sure your drummer doesn't mess it up. I had a friend of mine who plays drums take a look at the thing I posted originally up there, and this is what came of it. He took out anything tasteful and replaced it with 32nd notes. or just left it out. Here it is...
Attachments:
Soft Riff drum remix.zip