Ok thats enough. I want to get a small home amp and i want to get heavy as bullet for my valentine, in flames, children of bodom, at the gates. I want to get heavy i need a good amp. Dont care if its ss or tube i dont have much money though. but i will only play at home i cant use pedals if necessary but cant turn the volume. I already have a roland micro cube so what can be my next amp.?
The Micro Cube's R-Fier mode is actually quite brutal if you're saying you want to play at home. More than enough for that. And remember, heaviness isn't always connected with sound/distortion, it's more about the music, the riff itself. Some riffs are mighty heavy even played on an acoustic guitar.
for rent
well if your just playing at home..get a SS. if you want to emulate someones tone, find out what kind of pedals amp they use.. and get a smaller amp of whatever brand they have i guess
Quote by 30dirtybirds
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL it has some bad ass distortion

or, you could just get the 15vt, its cheaper, but just as good.

Gear-
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT-XL
LIne 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD6
I just want to get those tones. If upgrading to cube 30x will be good for the tones i want i will go for that from my micro cube but if it will be the same i will do something different. maybe a ss amp and pedals?
or, you could just get the 15vt, its cheaper, but just as good.

true u could just get that
I still don't really get what you're unhappy with... If you want more power and volume, that's one thing. If you want a different kind of distortion, get a pedal. Most of them either use their amp's built-in distortion channel or a pedal. It's not that complicated an issue anyway.
for rent
I dont know really what i want maybe its this **** micro cube which has no eq to change the distortion a bit to my like I want to sound like the song of At the Gates- Blinded By Fear, Bullet for my valentine and also something like children of bodom-bed of razors kind tone. I know i cant get the same but just something similar. Is it possible to get these tones from cube 30x? if i will need other pedals i will get a non-modelling amp cos cubes with pedals sucks they say.
jay turser jt-50, blackheart bh5h, and a boss ds-1
sounds just like adam jones's setup
Well, a Cube 30 is just more powerful, not sure it will help, though. So yes, just spend some money on a "true", non-modeling amp and buy a nice distortion pedal, that should get you the tone you're looking for!
for rent
you have any idea? it will be probably ss amp since i cant get tube =) i cant get a decent 15-30 watt amp and buy dist pedal for it and will it be better than the cube 30x?
Cube 60 or Randall RG50tc if you can afford one.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I cant afford one but lets say i saved up really no way i can play them in my house need something smaller.
But the point is, you'll just need a really good clean tone. The rest the pedal will do for you. As for the prices... I don't want to mislead you since I'm not sure, so you're better off trying to find some info on the Internet. MusiciansFriend or something. Pedals aren't very expensive generally, and it's all a matter of your personal choice and since you do know what tone you want, you'll just have to go to a music store with a wide array of amps and pedals and try some of those you can afford out. Also, the reviews here are very helpful, check 'em out, they're easily sortable so you'll find all the pedal and amp reviews in no time.

Can't help you with an amp, though I'm inclined to think a Marshall might be the way to go, a small one, I mean, they might be a bit pricey, but then you'll get an awesome clean tone that will also enable a decent pedal to properly distort the sound, resulting in many "\m/" moments
for rent
no not marshall please maybe laneys? they are said to have good cleans...but most of the forum will advice me to get a cube 30x for sure...
I dunno... Why bother, if you've already got a MicroCube? Cube 30 is the same thing, only louder... And the point is, MicroCube ain't weak itself, it's pretty loud on R-Fier, but you don't seem to like the tone, so you need a different kind of amp, as opposed to just a bigger modification of your current one.
for rent
How much are Randall RG50tc where you are? I haven't looked much into them but they're supposed to be Metal on a VK budget (or so).
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Yea i also thought about randall rg50tc but peavey looked cheaper and still all-tube... i live in turkey btw. prices are 2x !! WOHOO
line 6 bogner spider valve hands down. it will blow you away. one of the more versatile budget amps on the market that screams quality.
A little out of his range, and there's better amps in that range anyhow.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Gakusey
Turkey, eh?.. Congrats on beating the Czechs, that was something!!

yea lol it was a great match xD it was 0-2 but after the 75th minute we got 3 goals and woohoo!!

Guess i will save up for a peavey valveking...