The other day i played my friend's epiphone les paul which he just had set up professionally and it played great. the action was low, and there was only a tiny bit of fret buzz which is normal.
My epiphone les paul however has higher action and still has fret buzz on a lot of the frets.
What's the problem? its not the action..so is it the truss rod?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem
most useless response i think i have ever seen on any forum ever.

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
Uh..i think his is a standard, mine is a custom
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
it's probably the trus rod, but it's a really delicate issue, you could easily ruin your guitar, that probably the reason why your friend got it professionaly adujusted
yeah i figured it was the truss rod
i've tried adjusting the truss rod before, but it didn't really help. some fret buzz went away but only a little bit.
Do you think i should go get a full set up from a pro or just get the truss rod adjusted?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
bump?
Quote by drunkinkoala
you can be jesus.

Quote by Wesseem

Quote by Turkeyburger

Lolflag
You should prabobly just get it set up by a pro. When you adjust the truss rod (which you should have a pro do anyway, unless you know exactly what youre doing), you'll prabobly have to adjust the intonation and action a little bit to accommodate for it. Having it set up by a pro will make it play better overall.

Besides, it shouldnt cost more than about $60/70, and it might be a little hard to find a pro who will do it without charging full set-up price anyway.
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
I Wanna know what you meant