Page 1 of 3
A while back, my wife bought me a new amp that she was impressed with, a Spider 3 - 75 watt combo.

I liked it fine but as time drew on I found it's gain a bit dry for my taste. So later on I invested in a Digitech Metal Master distortion pedal.

The Metal Master was a nice improvement and gave a good range of different gain tones, but it to seemed to be lacking in some areas. I have read many reviews of the Krank Distortus Maximus distortion pedal that said it had a warmer sounding gain.

But Musician's Friend had them on backorder. Luckily, they had an even higher end, but more expensive Krank distortion pedal in stock. I thought you only live once and ordered it. It got delivered yesterday.

The first thing I noticed was that it was delivered in a larger box than what I was expecting. The reason for that soon became apparent as my new Krank distortion pedal is a lot larger than my Metal Master.

Oddly, though it is missing a foot switch on top.

It has a handle where one would expect a switch to be. In that regard I guess it's like a Line 6 Pocket Pod. A quick view of the owner's manual says you can add a footswitch to it but it cost extra. Go figure.

I also noticed that the pedal has some gimmicky lighting in the back, simular to those custom gaming computers a few years back. Must be cold cathods or something. It doesn't seem to affect the sound so I can't complain.

One happy surprise was that Musician's Friend must have had a special going on because they sent me a free speaker cabinet with the purchase of the pedal.

On a whim I plugged in my Krank pedal directly into it and it was loud! I had no idea you could do that with a pedal, I might need to consult the manual as I don't know if running it in that configuration can damage it. So far though it sounds pretty good. I haven't even bothered to plug it into my Spider yet, but if this configuration works out, maybe I won't have to. In any regard, for those fellow Spider owners, I whole heartedly recommend the Krank purchase.
nice ;D

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Obvious Troll is obvious.

DON'T FEED IT!

Edit: Some people are thinking that I said this on a serious note.

I knew the TS was kidding, but I thought it would be funny if I accused him of trolling.

I thought wrong
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Jun 17, 2008,
Quote by Horlicks
I believe you are facing it the wrong way, the red button should face up

*smacks head* Of course!
LOL, no offense TS but that post was funny. It looks like they gave you a Krank Rev Jr. halfstack by accident. The lack of footswitch is funny, I even lol'd with the picture of your foot on the head. The "gimmicky lighting" is tubes. It's not a pedal, it's an amp. Which is lightyears better than the Spider.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
that looks like one sick pedal
Stage Rig

Fender Strat
Epi Les Paul
Taylor 110
Boss TU-2
Omega Amps Hot Rod Deluxe (Dumble mod)
Clean/Drive/More Drive footswitch
Mid boost/Preamp boost footswitch

myspace.com/rosscooperband
lol

nice upgrade bro

is that single channel?
Jackson DKMG MIJ
Agile Al-3000
MXR Super Comp
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Crybaby
MXR 10 band EQ
Crate 120 watt ss
Nice amp man and an entertaining way to present it as well Kudos
Any soundclips?

EDIT: Are people taking this first post as serious? I can't tell if theres a lot of sarcasm floating about or if this has gone straight over peoples' heads? (possibly myself included) - I'm looking at you sonicxlover...
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
lmao

nice, man, nice
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Sonicxlover
LOL, no offense TS but that post was funny. It looks like they gave you a Krank Rev Jr. halfstack by accident. The lack of footswitch is funny, I even lol'd with the picture of your foot on the head. The "gimmicky lighting" is tubes. It's not a pedal, it's an amp. Which is lightyears better than the Spider.

... really?
Quote by sidvicious182
... really?

Nevermind, I guess that was a joke.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by shaakaal
lol

nice upgrade bro

is that single channel?

no it's a 2 channel amp. the new version of the rev jr. even comes with a footswitch.

Kramer Focus 3000
Ibanez ATK300
Rocktron Chameleon
Digitech IPS33B
Ibanez WH10
Korg Pitchblack
Line6 UX2
Quote by Sonicxlover

I hope you were kidding and know TS was just pulling off a joke and that he does know they made a mistake?

that was good

nice little amp as well
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by darkarbiter7

DON'T FEED IT!

fool

Quote by Sonicxlover

fool

TS: , nice going

EDIT: ^^fool

EDIT2: i sure hope i understood this right
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by rhettro
Oddly, though it is missing a foot switch on top.

You should try that live.

I thought the Guitar World review for that amp looked pretty good, and thats saying something.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
fool

As you can't really see... I was kidding

Lol TS
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
how much did it cost? ive wanted it for ages now, but a new guitar is more important atm, plus i dont think ill have that untill i can get a job

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Should I let the cat out of the bag yet? I'm getting a kick out of everyone's responses. LOL

Thanks for all the well wishes.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Oh wait, they didn't make a mistake did they? you actually ordered the amp

hahhhahahha
LOL this is a funny thread but anyways congrats on your new pedal! (aka Krank Rev Jr Amp lol)
Quote by cmakkidguitar

EDIT: Are people taking this first post as serious? I can't tell if theres a lot of sarcasm floating about or if this has gone straight over peoples' heads? (possibly myself included) - I'm looking at you sonicxlover...

+1....

Funneh, but we this thread is worthless without clips!!!
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
This was by far THE most entertaining post in a while! Kick ass pedal bro! Congrats!
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
rofl @ everyone who thinks the OP is serious

I must admit, I chuckled. Impressive thread, and the amp's impressive, as well. Good purchase.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Awesome thread. I was so prepared to come in hear and crush a spider newbs dreams and tell him his setup sucks. I didn't realize that it was a joke until you pulled out the cab.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Damn that was funny!

Thanks for the levity - i actually disregarded it for a while as i didn't want to hear about your Spider.

Classic stuff man. This could even get an award!

Agreed, his bare foot on the top of the head was priceless.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Haha nice one.
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Hahaha, great post, I lol'd at the foot-on-amp and again when I noticed the "WEEE" on the cabinet box.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
excellent! we could've done without that gratuitous shot of your leg though... o_O

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by crownegamers
I saw in a couple of pictures that on Bucketheads Les Paul (only some pictures) that his neck pickup is painted in white. Can anyone explain to me why he would do this, and if there are any pros and cons.

Quote by dspellman
The guy wears a KFC Bucket and a white mask during performances, and you're interested in the color of his pickup covers?

Best thread of the year.

Quote by darkarbiter7

DON'T FEED IT!

Oh dear.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I got a cornford pedal too for my Marshall MS-2. they didnt send me the cab tho
Page 1 of 3