Well UG, do to my new found inspiration from fretless guitarist pioneer, Ned Evett, i have decided to build my own fretless guitar.

I had an old Epi LP Junior body and neck that i got from a friend and decided that that would work.

So last night i defretted it and sanded on the board some, but im still unsure as to what im going to fill them with.

The body i had partially sanded down, and had routed for a P-90 in the neck (for a different project). I scuffed up the rest of the finish and sprayed a coat of white primer that i had left over from a different project.

Now, my idea for the finish was to kind of go in a Hendrix Monterey Pop direction (red,white, cool designs), But that could change. I had my brother pick up some red and some white for me today when he went to town.

So, UG, does anyone have any objections, suggestions, comments?
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Pics!

Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.
Last edited by walker-rose at Jun 18, 2008,
You could fill the neck with putty.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
get some thin maple strips if you want a lined fretless and fill it in with them
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I think maple will be the way to go, any idea where i could get some?
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.
you can get small scraps from a lumber yard... i'm sure they have some they're going to throw out that would be fine...
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Hmmm if i had a bandsaw, i could make some walnut ones.....damnit.
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.
yea, you could just CA in some maple strips. you could probably make these fairly easily with a table saw.
well i have a table saw but no maple.
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.
well you could use something like balsa wood(i think) it may be to soft but is roughly the same colour as maple. you can get it in most good hobby shops(railway, cars, planes that kind) but im not sure if that would work
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
well you could use something like balsa wood(i think) it may be to soft but is roughly the same colour as maple. you can get it in most good hobby shops(railway, cars, planes that kind) but im not sure if that would work

Did you know that balsa wood is technically a 'hard wood' although it has 'soft' properties?

Anyway don't use balsa wood, don't rush, spend some time find the maple and do it properly then you'll be happy!
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
balsa = natures styrofoam
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Why not use balsa wood? If it’s the right colour then there’s no problem? The fret fillets will provide no structural integrity to the fretboard its self so it doesn’t matter what wood you use.

Just a colour that contrasts the fretboard colour, if that’s the look you want.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
i think that i will wait till i get some maple.
Quote by asfastasdark

Walker Rose.