I have an Epiphone LP Standard that I'd like to change pickups in. The band I play in does Papa Roach, 3 Days Grace, Seether.
I'm think I'm going to go with a 59 in the neck and SH-4 in the Bridge. I play through a solid state Marshall Head.
Anyone played this kind of musi through a set up like this and is it the sound I'm looking for? Any helps appreciated. It's only going to be my 2nd modification so I want to get a decent sound. Thanks.
your problem isnt your pickups...its your stack. marshall solid states are a joke...id save up for a decent amplifier. my advice would be a road king. but no type of pickup will make it sound better, actually, the more output a pickup you put in has...the more fuzz your amp will have.
yea i would suggest a new amp. the pickups in the lp std arent great, but they get the job done. if you get a tube amp and you still want to improve your sound, those are great pickups for what you want
I've started slowly saving for one, but a price tag on a NICE tube head like that is for someone who lives with their parents and has no bills, is willing to go into debt, or is older and out in the workplace. All my gear combined is about the price tag on the Mesa Triple rec that I want. I'm just finishing college right now, and jamming this summer in an alternative cover band while looking for a post grad job.
I've got 2 LP Standards, one has stock pickups, the other has 490T & 490R 's. Just wanted to change up the sound in the standards a little.
The only Duncans I've used were in my old Tele Deluxe. So I'm not totally firmiliar with their sound.
you dont need a real nice tube head, just a tube combo like a peavey valveking would do the job
Quote by guns_rosesldb
you dont need a real nice tube head, just a tube combo like a peavey valveking would do the job

Have you ever played a Marshall VS100? It's a tube, that's affordable, but I don't know if it's anything worth buying.
Quote by paul999b
Have you ever played a Marshall VS100? It's a tube, that's affordable, but I don't know if it's anything worth buying.

actually its a hybrid and not a very good one
Quote by paul999b
I've started slowly saving for one, but a price tag on a NICE tube head like that is for someone who lives with their parents and has no bills, is willing to go into debt, or is older and out in the workplace. All my gear combined is about the price tag on the Mesa Triple rec that I want. I'm just finishing college right now, and jamming this summer in an alternative cover band while looking for a post grad job.
I've got 2 LP Standards, one has stock pickups, the other has 490T & 490R 's. Just wanted to change up the sound in the standards a little.
The only Duncans I've used were in my old Tele Deluxe. So I'm not totally firmiliar with their sound.

Used tube combos are the way to go. Seriously, a 15 Watt 1x12 tube combo will get you over drums and can even be used for medium sized gigs (if the venue has a good PA system). You dont need a half stack or 100 watt anything.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model