the singer in my band has a 1975 peavey classic amp that he doesnt use at all, so i thought about buying it and fixing it up. its been sitting in a barn where we practice, and a bass has been played through it for about 6 months too. when i play my strat through it, it sounds really good for leads and solos, but chords sound really fuzzy, and almost kind of a farty sound idk(no matter how i eq it). but anyways, the tubes have never been changed, so would would new tubes help solve this? i dont think any of the 4 speakers are blown because it gets pretty loud. what do you all think?
Could be the tubes, but your description makes me think it a speaker. We would need clips to tell you with more certainty.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Yeah I'm gonna have to agree with Kevin, probably the speaker since someone was playing a bass through it...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Send us some clips, then we should be able to tell you if it's the speakers or what.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
you don't really repair speakers when they get blown. could just shell out 40 bucks or so for a decent eminence speaker...

guitar speakers arnt't designed to handle the low frequencies of bass's. you can play a guitar through a bass amp, but a bass through a guitar amp causes problems. but if its been 33 years since the tubes were changed might be in order... lol
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Yeah.
I wonder what tubes are stock on it.