So, recently I've been going to Guitar Center and looking at some amps. I've been looking at a Peavey Valveking 212.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-ValveKing-212-Combo-Amp?sku=481443

And I've been looking at a Marshall AVT100, which I cant find a site that has it on.

Im wondering which one is best for good distortion, like Pantera and Bullet For My Valentine. But I have a Boss MT-2 just incase I dont like the distortion that much. The clean channel doesnt have to be too great. I dont really play clean too much. I would also like a good distortion for soloing. Im kind of liking the Peavey better cause its a tube. Which amp should I get?

Questions about the amps:

Which is louder? (Need one loud enough for band practice)
Which is more reliable?

Thanks.
That marshall blows. The VK is better, but if you don't need cleans I would look into 5150, especially if you're more into metal. You would have to look used since the new 6505s are out of your price range.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
That marshall blows. The VK is better, but if you don't need cleans I would look into 5150, especially if you're more into metal. You would have to look used since the new 6505s are out of your price range.

He could also get a Bugera 6262, it has pretty good cleans and it sounds almost exactly like a 5150, and its a lot cheaper.
go peavey. they have hardcore distortion. plus it's all tube while the marshall isn't. if you buy the peavey though, take care of the tubes. it has "standby" mode for a reason
Get the Peavey. My lead guitarist had an AVT before. I didn't care for the "hybrid" sound.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
get the valveking + an overdrive pedal to add more gain
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.