Anyone have any suggestions? I have one of those small Squier amps now, and I'm looking to upgrade a bit, not too muck, but anything with a nice cleans sound and a decent distortion setting would be nice.
Quote by DownInAHole.
I stuck my dick in a cactus. True story.

Dont go for marshall MG series. They actually do suck.

Try out a Vox Valvetronix or a Roland Cube.

Although Peavey make some nice little prac amps.
Valvetronix, Satch's new mini colossal (through Peavey), or if you're looking for just clean I think Fender makes a really nice 5w or so all tube amp that's pretty affordable.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
if you get an mg, the 10 watt is the only one worth the money. anything higher is a waste. teh roland cube is good, so are some vox ones. if your gonna be gigging dont go for a small practice amp....save up a little bit and get a peavey valveking or some tube amp for around $400
what's your budget?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
How much are you willing to spend? That's always an important thing to consider. I'd say get anything with tubes in it that fits your price range(hopefully not too low).
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Yes, dont go with MG Marshalls(my friend has one and his dist sucks) go for a roland cube,a valvetronix, or a peavey
Try the valvetronix, and the cube. Pick your favorite.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
I would go with the Vox Valvetronix.
For simple bedroom practicing the AD30VT would be good.
The AD50VT would be good as well, plus its big enough that you can also gig with it.
You can gig with the 30 watt one, but really need to do the external speaker mod to add a cab for that model (its an easy mod, but would void your warranty), unless its a really small club.
But I have 3 Vox amps so I'm a bit biased (AD30VT, AD50VT, AC30CCH).

I've tried the MG series amps (a 10 and a 30 I think). Personally, I think they sucked.

But if its strictly a practice amp, I would get the AD30VT.
Quote by CodeMonk
I would go with the Vox Valvetronix.
For simple bedroom practicing the AD30VT would be good.
The AD50VT would be good as well, plus its big enough that you can also gig with it.
You can gig with the 30 watt one, but really need to do the external speaker mod to add a cab for that model (its an easy mod, but would void your warranty), unless its a really small club.
But I have 3 Vox amps so I'm a bit biased (AD30VT, AD50VT, AC30CCH).

I've tried the MG series amps (a 10 and a 30 I think). Personally, I think they sucked.

But if its strictly a practice amp, I would get the AD30VT.

I mostly agree with your post, except that an extra speaker is not gonna add an appreciable amount of volume.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not