I'm looking for some simple songs to play, -prefferably- (I probably spelled that wrong :P) acoustic (if you can think of songs in electric, be my guest) and either in standard or dropped D tuning. By "simple" I mean songs that don't take like four guitarists to play. It's just my girfriend and myself; I like to play guitar, and she likes to sing. No, that doesn't mean I just want love songs, although any input would be great.

The problem is I don't know a lot of songs that apply to this and we're getting pretty bored with them, so these are the ones that I'm currently stuck with:

Soundgarden: Black Hole Sun
Avenged Sevenfold: Warmness On the Soul
Dear God
Queensryche: Silent Lucidity
My Chemical Romance: The Ghost of You
Eagles: Hotel California
Green Day: Wake Me Up When September Ends
Judas Priest: Angel
White Lion: When the Children Cry

I know many people here will criticize some of these songs, but they're the only ones I've thought of.
If you can think of anything, just forget about the difficulty of the song, including the vocals. Anything is welcome.
Last edited by nevermore891 at Jun 17, 2008,
If you want some fairly easy, acoustic love songs, definitely look into Secondhand Serenade. Try "Your Call" or "Fall For You".
and this moment keeps on movin'
we were never meant to hold on.
sorry, I should of thought about other forums first...
that was stupid of me.

but if you want to keep posting... go ahead please.
Last edited by nevermore891 at Jun 17, 2008,
glycerine by bush
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
if it is for your girlfriend, try writing some of your own stuff, just simple and nice and sweet, a melody here, a melody there.

if you want to play other bands' songs then just search around on the net.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
It's not so much that it's for her, just something to play together...
We're both just musicians, and that's how we pass the time.
Also, I don't exactly know where to look on the net, which explains why I couldn't find a forum that discusses this same topic.
you could write stuff together? i would certainly like that.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.