http://www.guitarcenter.com/DigiTech-RP250-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal-103952149-i1168302.gc

what do you guys think of them? i about bought one a year or two ago. but got the Boss ME-20 instead... i took it back cause it was to confusing and couldn't get the sound i wanted out of it.
when i took it back i got the Boss Metal Zone. i am happy with it, but it only has distortion...and i would like a multi-effects pedal now...(or again..lol)

so, what do you guys think?

thanks!

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
i've been happy with mine. PM me and i can give you more detail and i have some sample clips up too.

best part (since you mentioned the confusing settings on Boss) is you can use the free software to make your changes on computer vs using the dials - which IS confusing.
thanks man!

next time i go to GC im gonna try it out..

anyone else?

and i have my Boss Metal Zone right now...what do you think i should do with it? trade it in? or keep it? will the Digitech be able to get the same sound as the Metal Zone?

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
I also have the RP250, and to be honest, I don't use it that much in my general set-up (but only because I'm more of a guitar straight into amp kind of guy, and I use effects sparingly anyway, with the exception of a little OD). With that said, I do use the RP250 a fair amount when I'm travelling as a quiet practice amp of sorts by running my guitar through it into headphones.

As far as being confusing though, I will say that without connecting the RP250 to a computer, it isn't the most user-friendly device. In fact, without inputting presets/creating presets on the computer, I would never use it at all. When hooked up to a computer, though, the user interface is definitely very simple to use.

EDIT: Organized my thoughts a little better for you, TS.
Fender Standard Stratocaster
BC Rich Mockingbird Supreme (USA Custom Shop)
BC Rich NJ Neck-Thru Series Mockingbird
Epiphone Elite Les Paul Standard

Laney TT50-112
Peavey Classic 30
Epiphone Valve Junior
Roland Microcube
Last edited by FourSticks17 at Jun 17, 2008,
aight foursticks! thank you for the reply!

helped alot!

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Last edited by bojangleman at Jun 18, 2008,
anyone else?..

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
i have an rp200a which as far as i know is basically an older model but is pretty darn close as far as features.... i think its pretty good i've had it for a few years and it gives me a lot of options with a bunch of effects and amp models, plus the whole pluggin in with headphones thing is really helpful so i don't have to set up my amp every time i wanna play.

one issue i've had is the drum machine has recently started to crack up a bit once and awhile, not sure what that is all about though, i was advised to reset but im too lazy to write down my presets right now ha.
I used to have an RP250 (got an RP350 now) and agree with FourSticks17. The 250 works great, it sounds great, it's tough and well built, and it does not put any unwanted noise or hum/hiss into the signal. It's very versatile and can produce tons of tones & sounds on the cheap. It can be used as a pre-amp to a mixer, PA system, a computer sound card line in, powered cab, keyboard amp, etc. so you don't really even have to have a guitar amp to use it.

But making mods to your patches is not that easy to do with the knobs and buttons and it's much easier to do it in software while it's hooked up to a computer. If you don't like messing around with effects and trying stuff out it can be frustrating. From a tone perspective the K.I.S.S. and minimalist types won't like something like this. So with something like this you really need to set up all your patches before playing live, because it's too complicated to be trying to press buttons and turn knobs on stage to edit patches in front of an audience. Also there are not multiple preset buttons, so it can be a pain if you are using a ton of patches on stage because you would cycle through them with the up down buttons.

I've settled on using it as follows: It's plugged into the amp's effect loop so I get the volume pedal, the floor EQ function after the pre-amp, and all the effects that IMO sound best in the loop like flanger, phaser, chorus, etc. I use compressor for just about everything, and use some overdrive and distortion, but I want them before the pre-amp which can't happen with the 250 in the loop. So I have one level of distortion with the footswitch on my amp's 2nd channel, another level with a separate OD pedal, and another level with a distortion pedal. I'm looking for a separate compressor pedal to buy but for now am using compressor modeling in the RP350. So it's a combination of the 350 in the effects loop and 2 (soon to be 3) stompboxes before the amp's pre-amp. You can get some really good tones with this method. Also there are technically two EQs with this method ... the amp's EQ still works for right after the distortion & OD, and then there is another EQ if desired in the Digitech after the signal gets through the pre-amp. I don't use any of the amp or cab modeling because I don't want to stack preamp tones and also like the way the pre-amp and speaker sound in the amp I use it with.

The RP250 and 350 are nice ... just be aware some tinkering and working in X-Edit software on the computer will be needed to get the tones right. Also the effects chain can't be mixed up without getting separate stompboxes like I'm doing, and it can't be looped around the pre-amp using the "4 cable method" like you can with some expensive multi effects. And there is the limitation of needing to arrange the patches properly for you to bring them up with the up & down pedals since there aren't pedals assignable to patches. But hey those kinds of features make a multi effects pedal cost a lot more. The RPs are cool and work good.
im really wanting it now..lol

another question....does it have an on board tuner? like, press a pedal down, it silences the guitar and tune it?

last....does it have loop?

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Quote by bojangleman
im really wanting it now..lol

another question....does it have an on board tuner? like, press a pedal down, it silences the guitar and tune it?

last....does it have loop?

Alex

To get it into the bypass (tuner mode) you press hold two foot-switch buttons for a few seconds.
By looper, do you mean a phrase trainer? The Digiwreck calls it "Learn a Lick". It's in there.
Last edited by 667 at Jul 31, 2008,
Digiwreck?

im guessing you dont like them?

what i mean by loop, is like, you play one thing, it records it, then keeps playing it over and over agian while you play something different..

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
I used to have one and I had a lot of fun with it. Like people have said though, being able to attach it to the computer to change settings helps a lot.

One of the things I really liked to do with it though was swap settings with other users. You can save configurations to a file and share them among other Digitech RP250 users. So if you're having trouble maybe nailing a particular tone, it's possible someone might have already done that and could get you the settings in a file form.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by bojangleman
Digiwreck?

im guessing you dont like them?

what i mean by loop, is like, you play one thing, it records it, then keeps playing it over and over agian while you play something different..

Alex

Ya, it'll do that.

It's a good multi-effect pedal. Digiwreck is just my pet name for the company ever since I broke that old distortion pedal by "stomping" on it.