ive been playing for over 3 years and people say im really good because i can play almost anything
but recently ive come to the realization that not only am i not playing everything as clean as it should be, my timing is horrible
so today i started using a metronome and its already giving me headaches trying to count and play at the same time, especially playing 3 note-per-string scales as 16th notes
if the metronome wasnt on my computer i'd probably throw it against the wall already haha
so how long should it be before i make any progress with this annoying thing?
Yeah, start slowly with simple rhythm patterns, making sure you're dead on the beat, then start adding more complicated figures and speed the metronome up. Once you get the jist of how it works it's going to become one of your most important tools and your playing WILL improve.
For some people, met's just dont work, im one of them, i lose my temper before i get anywhere with them, so i just play to GP5 without the met and studio songs.

Its just the hertz that the met goes and that damn annoying sound, if you can sing and play, then counting shouldnt be hard :P
Quote by bangoodcharlote
Start very slow. You seem to have decent technique, so you should make progress fairly quickly.

+1
ok sweet thanks for the responses =D
i'll try as hard as i can to stick with it

when reaching higher speeds do you still count like 1 e & a 2 e & a....
or should it just come naturally by then?
Quote by chrismacker
ive been playing for over 3 years and people say im really good because i can play almost anything
but recently ive come to the realization that not only am i not playing everything as clean as it should be, my timing is horrible
so today i started using a metronome and its already giving me headaches trying to count and play at the same time, especially playing 3 note-per-string scales as 16th notes
if the metronome wasnt on my computer i'd probably throw it against the wall already haha
so how long should it be before i make any progress with this annoying thing?

more than a day!!

Keep working at it & have some patience.

keep in mind its only annoying because your not used to it.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by chrismacker
when reaching higher speeds do you still count like 1 e & a 2 e & a....
or should it just come naturally by then?

Let the metronome do the talking (or clicking).