Both have good reviews around. Agile seems to be a bit overhyped (it cant possibly be better than a real Gibson... or can it?) while Vintage reputation is good and remains quite solid at low profile level. That's how it seems to me.

Someone will say I should get both of them. Yes, can do that but I already have 2 guitars. Double them up in my little apartment will surely kill me.

...Ah.. those two guitars I'm looking at are
Agile AL-3000
Vintage V100
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Agiles are what they're hyped up to be (depends though to be honest, some people don't like the pick-ups and swap them but then again in side-by-side videos the tonal qualities are similar to real LPs with very minimal differences). For the price they are definitely one of the best values out there especially for what you're getting in the AL-3000.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDaxIQNkirk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ZSS-GIRA8
I prefer the Vintage (cause I have one ), they look more like Les Pauls and I belive sound better...

Get the Lemon Drop one!!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Well, for some reason when I play an Epiphone or Agile I can not seem to find any of the magic ones that make me want to sell my vintage Gibsons, or even my recent Gibsons.

That being said, the people that have the luck/skill to do this seem to be quite sure that they have a superior instrument - regardless of price. It does make one wonder why they don't brand the Epis as Gibsons and the Gibsons as Epis - as the Epi quality is much higher.

In answer to your question, both are fine guitars - for the money. I think either an Agile or Epiphone will perform quite well.

The Epiphone may cost a little more, but when you decide to sell it to fund one of the inferior brands (Gibson, Fender, etc...) out there you will have an easier time selling the Epi as it's more widley known.

I have played Agile and Epiphone and I think the quality is about the same - light years above anything Gibson makes - but affordable and great for the money.
Quote by Lil Macker
I prefer the Vintage (cause I have one ), they look more like Les Pauls and I belive sound better...

Get the Lemon Drop one!!

I still wonder about the neck of the Vintage. Is it the thin 60 neck or the chunky one?

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by SenorSmiley
Well, for some reason when I play an Epiphone or Agile I can not seem to find any of the magic ones that make me want to sell my vintage Gibsons, or even my recent Gibsons.

That being said, the people that have the luck/skill to do this seem to be quite sure that they have a superior instrument - regardless of price. It does make one wonder why they don't brand the Epis as Gibsons and the Gibsons as Epis - as the Epi quality is much higher.

In answer to your question, both are fine guitars - for the money. I think either an Agile or Epiphone will perform quite well.

The Epiphone may cost a little more, but when you decide to sell it to fund one of the inferior brands (Gibson, Fender, etc...) out there you will have an easier time selling the Epi as it's more widley known.

I have played Agile and Epiphone and I think the quality is about the same - light years above anything Gibson makes - but affordable and great for the money.

He didn't say Epiphone...
Cam Sampbell's my hero
are you in the UK? i don't think you can get agiles easily here (i assume you're in the UK, as i think vintages aren't available elsewhere...)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
are you in the UK? i don't think you can get agiles easily here (i assume you're in the UK, as i think vintages aren't available elsewhere...)

Sweden, actually... I had a chat with a vintage guitar dealer in the UK and got a green light for international shipping. Same with Agile. Not a problem on this part.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

oh ok. i haven't tried agiles, so i'm no help.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by hminh87
Sweden, actually... I had a chat with a vintage guitar dealer in the UK and got a green light for international shipping. Same with Agile. Not a problem on this part.

You're in Sweden and not getting a Hagstrom?

Weirdo.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i can certainly vouch for vintage - i have the old v100 copy before the trev wilkinson hardware and it is great - i played one of the post trev v100s on monday and it is fantastic - a lot better. Really heavy with a nice neck profile, epiphone beating pickups (not hard) and a fairly decent finish - the worn ones are supposed to be even better!!

I think vintage make great instruments - i picked up their SG copy on monday (after having played several PRS SE models, Schecters and epiphones) and i was so impressed with the quality you get for the price that i just bought it. cant speak for agile, but i have heard that they are like the US's version of vintage in the sense that they too make great quality instruments for a great price. Vintage does look more like a proper les paul though...
Quote by FacingUsAll
You're in Sweden and not getting a Hagstrom?

Weirdo.

aren't they made in china though?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've had numerous bad experiences with the cheaper Vintage copies. I'd say it's a very big risk to buy one without trying it, especially that lower end model.

EDIT: I've heard good things (from Dave) about the Advance vintages, though.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
The cheaper Vintage aren't worth bothering with, but the V100 is damn good. The neck is a little thick for my tastes though, which is the only reson I've not bought one yet myself. I love the Epiphone neck profile more than any other, even more than actual Gibson necks, I think the Epi neck is the perfect balance between thick and thin - and the Vintage neck is just a touch thicker than the Epi neck. It's still a great neck, just that given the choice, I'd rather pay more for an Epi and get the Epi neck which is that little bit better for me.

In terms of the build quality and the sound and feel though, the Vintage V100 is great. There's three guitar stores here, one that sells lots of Epiphones, one that sells lots of Vintages, and one that sells lots of old (actual 'vintage') guitars, especially Gibsons. Having played pretty much every LP in all three stores, I think there's one V100 in particular that's probably the fourth best guitar in this whole city, period (the only ones better I think are the Joe Perry Epi that I have, and two early 1960's Gibson LPs that are priced upwards of £4,000...). And the Vintage is the cheapest of all of those, so it says a lot.

On the other hand... I've only heard good things about Agile here on UG. On other guitar sites people tend to say Agile is just pretty average - you get what you pay for, but it's nothing that amazing. From what I've read on other forums and sites, basically Agile are exactly like average Standard Epiphones but with slightly slimmer necks and cheaper. Which sounds like it should be alright, but I'm not exactly sold on them myself. I'm also not a fan of their 'stubby' cutout. If it were my money, I'd be buying the Vintage V100.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Dave_Mc
aren't they made in china though?

Well the new ones are .

Older used ones are pretty cheap, and I assume they'd have a decent number of them in Sweden.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
^

Quote by timi_hendrix
EDIT: I've heard good things (from Dave) about the Advance vintages, though.

indeed. they have pretty crappy strings, but other than that (the couple i've tried anyway) seemed pretty nice. but then again they aren't at starter guitar prices, they're between £300-£400, so you'd kinda expect them to be decent (not to mention, at £300-£400 you aren't far off japanese copies, in fact well within range if you're willing to go second hand). i've also heard elsewhere (on HC) that the QC might not be that amazing with them. Plus i haven't tried them in ages. I went to a music shop today which used to be a dealer, only to find it'd closed down. Darn credit crunch...

Quote by FacingUsAll
Well the new ones are .

Older used ones are pretty cheap, and I assume they'd have a decent number of them in Sweden.

ah i misunderstood, sorry.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Vintage Les Paul copies are meant to be pretty reputable these days, and with Wilkinson in charge of the planet in China that manufactures them, I would vouch for them, especially for the price that they are selling at.
One story I read in a magazine some months back was a guy who sold his Gibson LP and bought several Vintage guitars instead because he was so impressed with them.