so....
My frets are kinda worn out.
G string sounds out of tune when I press on a fret but in tune when I play it open.
Went to guitar shop and they said I should change frets but that it wouldn't be done till friday...but I have a gig on Friday...my first gig ever.
They said that they could lend me a guitar but then I wouldn't have my sound...
Cause of other type of pickups...Invader is high output and muddy...the pickups that they have in guitars are clear and low output. They're high end tho. and 100% hand made.
I don't know what to do?

and yeah...how much would a re-fret cost? and will it be worth on a 130€ guitar(moded...worth about 200-250&euro.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I don't think it would be worth it to have a squire refretted.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
I don't think it would be worth it to have a squire refretted.

i concur
It's better to sound in tune with a bad tone than to sound out of tune with a great tone, IMO. 90% of the people you're going to be playing for couldn't tell the difference if you were playing through a Marshall Plexi or an Ibanez Toneblaster, but they can tell if a chord or note's out of tune... so I'd say to just play with their loaner. Anyway, it doesn't sound like it'll necessarily give you a bad tone, just a different one.

Dunno what a re- fret costs, though... ask your shop, I s'pose.
It depends on how much you really like the guitar - you could sell it with the stock pickups for whatever is offered and get a new/better guitar and put the invaders in it. Then again, it won't have the same sentimental value.

I'd go new if you're unable/unwilling to redo the frets yourself, but that's me.
Refret here is around 10 bucks a fret or 200 bucks for the whole job. Figure you could almost buy a new squire for the cost of a refret and swap the upgrades over.
Here's a suggestion, why not order a new neck if you really like the guitar? Warmoth has fretted necks for about what a refret would cost.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Here's a suggestion, why not order a new neck if you really like the guitar? Warmoth has fretted necks for about what a refret would cost.

+1 warmoth neck, or since it's a strat, mighty neck
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
lol my guitars just about to go in for a re fret for a squire u may as well buy a new guitar
I love this guitar...but...
Mostly it's pickguard xD
if I would buy a new guitar I would put this pickguard in it.
Only that I would change the two single coils with those.
But cause this pickguard has Invader in it and moded controls.

If the refret costs around 200€ then...NO ****ING WAY that I'm doing that.
I add 300€ and I have a MIM strat.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!