Gentlemen, when I recently visited Camden (in London, there's probably an American one somewhere seeing as they have all these places with British names, just clearing that up) I cam across a store called Aquarius I think, selled a bunch of cool oriental stuff. Among their wares were some pretty sweet machetes and other swords, even a halberd once. Not sure how, "real," they are but looked pretty damn good. My question is this; are there any legal complications in buying this kinda stuff? I'm from South Africa, so not too familiar with laws in the UK, but if I buy one do I need a permit? Am I gonna get in trouble for carrying such a thing around? Oh, and if anyone's been the shop, could they mention some of the prices pelase? Thanks!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin
You need to cover it up,e.g. wrapped in bin bags,in a sack of some sort.
as long as it isn't blatantly a sword and you're not flaunting it around...it should be ok.

EDIT: I don't know the shop,but near where I am in York,a claymore replica costs around £80

I'm pretty much living in London now,though
They're legal to own, but obviously not to carry in plain sight. Keep it hidden as you transport it home (see Tim's post). You don't need any special permit as far as I'm aware.
Well it's Camden, so I wouldn't be surprised if what they're selling is illegal.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
Well it's Camden, so I wouldn't be surprised if what they're selling is illegal.

Stereotypes ftw

Nah,they aren't actually illegal...unless they have a proper blade.
Quote by _Tim_
Stereotypes ftw

what's a proper blade? just sharpened forms of the swords?

so if i buy an "illegal" proper blade, and blunt it, it'll be legal?
You just have to be 18
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Quote by _Tim_
Stereotypes ftw

I've seen plenty of people selling pot in camden. And I'm sure there are things with proper blades as well.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
It's not illegal to own, but it would definitely look slightly dodgy going home with it on the tube.
LTD EC-400VF
Ibanez RG321MHRB
2005 Epiphone Vintage SG G400
MXR EVH Phase 90
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DD-7
Korg Pitchblack
Marshall JVM215C
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Quote by break-me-in
I've seen plenty of people selling pot in camden. And I'm sure there are things with proper blades as well.

You sure it was pot?
I've lots of other stuff being smoked/sold in Camden that isn't actually weed.
Quote by _Tim_
You sure it was pot?
I've lots of other stuff being smoked/sold in Camden that isn't actually weed.

Not entirely sure, no. But do you really think Camden is the height of law-abiding?

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Mighty_Meh
Gentlemen, when I recently visited Camden (in London, there's probably an American one somewhere seeing as they have all these places with British names, just clearing that up) I cam across a store called Aquarius I think, selled a bunch of cool oriental stuff. Among their wares were some pretty sweet machetes and other swords, even a halberd once. Not sure how, "real," they are but looked pretty damn good. My question is this; are there any legal complications in buying this kinda stuff? I'm from South Africa, so not too familiar with laws in the UK, but if I buy one do I need a permit? Am I gonna get in trouble for carrying such a thing around? Oh, and if anyone's been the shop, could they mention some of the prices pelase? Thanks!

Yeah, if you had visited the American version of Camden (in Jersey) you wouldn't have been able to write this message. Because you wouldn't be alive. That place is one of the top three most dangerous in America. They probably sell swords too. And guns. A lot of guns. Illegally. And crack.
"Let's not be too rough on our own ignorance. I mean, after all, it's the thing that makes America great." - Frank Zappa while on the Arsenio Hall Show

Quote by vintage x metal
On a side note, TS, love the username. I'd kill to be under you.
Quote by Thebridge
Yeah, if you had visited the American version of Camden (in Jersey) you wouldn't have been able to write this message. Because you wouldn't be alive. That place is one of the top three most dangerous in America. They probably sell swords too. And guns. A lot of guns. Illegally. And crack.

Our one is a little more toned down. You could get drugs anywhere, but most people are quite friendly. It's like punk/goth/emo paradise.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT