Right now im recording my acoustic through a marshal condenser mic, into a mixer, and then into my computer. When i play back my acoustic, it sounds like it has flange/chorus on it or something wierd like that, but theres no affects and its just some wierd natural thing. Its really annoying, how can i stop it? Its like all the sound frequencies are bouncing around
My voice doesn't have that weird thing like the acoustic, is there some technique that i can use to prevent this?
Make sure you muted the Line-in on your sound card. Otherwise, you're playing two things at the same time, and latency's giving you that reverb.
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Ah, mute the microphone then. You may also want to look and make sure that you aren't recording the Wave Out or Stereo Mix (option-properties-recording).
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

Indeed. Sounds like your soundcard is taking the sound in, recording it, playing it back, and recording that at the same time. Since your soundcard isn't low latency, there is a slightly delay between the two signals resulting in phasing.
There's a speaker in the lower right hand side of Windows (in the toolbar). Double click it and do what I said before.
Quote by keiron_d