hey guys!
ive been looking into adding pinch harmonics in to my playing
however i can seem to make them last/scream im pretty damm sure its not my playing but you knever know but could it be my guitar or amp?
i have a ibanez rg170dx
and a laney mxd 65w
and i use a digitech death metal pedal
any help would be awesome cheers
stew
my gear:
jackson dk2m
ibanez grg170dx.
peavey vyper 15
warwick corvette 5 string
ashdown 5 15
Assuming you've got the technique, just practise - probably not what you want to hear, but personally it took me months to become competent(sp?) at pinch harmonics.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
The problem here is that you're not Zakk Wylde.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Last edited by black-sabbath at Jun 17, 2008,
give it time, if you keep practicing it should come to you naturally. some people just understand pinch harmonics faster then others, i learned mine in 3 days my friend took 6 mounths, just give it time
without seeing your technique, it would be hard to say whether or not its that to blame.

I had no troubles popping harmonics on my mates RG. Doing pinches is probably the only thing on the guitar ive found quite easy from the start.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
Make sure you've got the basic technique right then add a healthy does of vibrato and some gain on your bridge pickup and you should hear them pretty clearly, if not it's your technique and you need more practice.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
GAIN... Pump up every single inch of gain u can.... and get EMGs
Pinches took me about 2 weeks to get.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by devit
GAIN... Pump up every single inch of gain u can.... and get EMGs

Pffft, with the right technique, you can do it with any pickups. I learnt pinches on a Strat copy with single coils, and a 10w practise amp. It's just technique, if you have it right, you can do it with any combination so long as you have a bit of gain and treble.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo