Poll: Tele or Strat
Poll Options
View poll results: Tele or Strat
Telecaster
26 54%
Stratcaster
22 46%
Voters: 48.
Tele or strat? Im looking for a fender electric. Im leaning towards the telecaster cause I like the tone better. Any opinions?
Quote by vmanoman
damn....thats nuts. 2 nuts in fact. anyway, all that happened to me was i fell up a flight of stairs....like not up a few steps, but tripped at the bottom and fell up the entire flight.....
I own both (along with 8 other guitars)
Telecaster is my favourite with custom Bill Lawrence pickups (Can't say which though)

Tele is best tone hands down with the pickups tho, like mix between a strat and les paul! the clarity mixed with the GURTH!
I'd go for a tele, they look nicer, sound nice, and play amazingly.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by blink18244
Tele or strat? Im looking for a fender electric. Im leaning towards the telecaster cause I like the tone better. Any opinions?

You've answered your own question there pal. I have a Strat but only because the Tele's in store at the time didn't seem to play as well, even though I have favoured them in the past

They are both equally capable at all the kinds of music they are used for, though the Strat has a nicer neck pickup. The Tele in my opinion has a nicer bridge pickup though.
Quote by DimebagRob
tele=rhythm strat=lead thats just the way it goes.

lol ok, sure

if you like the tele, get it. i like both but personally i think teles have a little more character.
I think I like Tele's better.....Strats are more versatile but something about Tele's appeal to me more....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by The red Strat.
if you like the tele better, get the tele. it's as simple as that.

indeed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i always bump my pinky on the voume knob on strats...therefore i would get a telecaster and route in and put a set of seymour duncan humbuckers in it...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
I think the strat is more versatile... Can do more styles than the tele, but, hey, most of of the sound comes from the amp. And a good guitarist can do well with most guitars, specially those 2 (strat and tele).

Also, feel the necks of the guitars before buying them, I tried some teles that had really fat necks...

My vote goes for the strat.
Quote by The red Strat.
if you like the tele better, get the tele. it's as simple as that.

yep. i played an Ash American Standard Tele last week at the shop and I still haven't lost my erection.
Why you reading this?
Quote by 742627000017
I use my thumb and my johnson

Quote by deanexplosion99
idk what the keys are for but the reason i think its for the floyd rose is because its called floyd rose double locking

Quote by niggafolife
i iz hurr tuh spek da troof abowt muzik
If you like the tone of a Tele more then get that. You just need to find one now that you like the playability of.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by greggybhoy
You've answered your own question there pal. I have a Strat but only because the Tele's in store at the time didn't seem to play as well, even though I have favoured them in the past

They are both equally capable at all the kinds of music they are used for, though the Strat has a nicer neck pickup. The Tele in my opinion has a nicer bridge pickup though.

Same boat as you. And btw this guys right. Have a cookie.
My Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Yamaha Pacifica 112v
Epiphone G-400
Cheap acoustic

Roland Cube 30X
USA Big Muff PI
Dunlop Crybaby Wah GCB-95
Tele

I've got a American Deluxe on the war right now. Was supposed to be in today but L&M is rarely on time for shipping