Instead of connecting the electricguitar cable to the amp, I want to connect it to a small additional cable and afterwards connect it to my macbook

I've seen it before...whats the name of this cable? is it a "monstercable"?
thanks in advance
You want to plug your guitar straight into your computer? You would need some kind of preamp made to run a guitar into a computer.

Also, Monster Cables is a brand.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
you can buy an adapter at radioshack for like 6 bucks and plug it into the microphone jack of your macbook, i didnt want to fork over the cash for a preamp, so i just bought the adapter. (doesnt sound as good as a preamp)