what is a chav? i was reading the "god i hate chavs" or w/e thread and... well im a dumb American. <ha oxymoron
Gear:

Gibson SG
Epiphone LP
"Apocalypses Guitar"
70's Silverface Bassman Amp
Russian Bigmuff
Digitech Deathmetal Pedal
Digitech Badmonkey Pedal
Boss Tuner
Stop making these chav threads. Google exists for a reason.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
are they like "gangsters" or w/e?
Gear:

Gibson SG
Epiphone LP
"Apocalypses Guitar"
Russian Bigmuff
Digitech Badmonkey Pedal
Boss Tuner
think wigger.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by rossj90
are they like "gangsters" or w/e?

From my understanding (I'm American also) They're like really annoying preps that enjoy Electronica/Techno with just a splash of Wiggerness.....and many are violent towards non-chavs
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
lol american's are goofs
My favorite band is Tool.

Quote by dio_dude
despite the funny name, unknownpunkrock is the coolest 08'er.

Ibanez GRG
Vox AD30VT
Randall RG50TC
Takamine C128
Dano Wah
Yamaha S90
whislt the nearest thing to a chav in america is definitely a wigger, chavs aren't really much like 'em at all. i dont think theres an equivalent, but you should eb glad you're free of them though, they're a real bitch.
Quote by horloko
Yeah I've been told that. I foretell the future in my doodling. I kept drawing me raping my Spanish teacher. Stupid teacher got scared and told on me. I raped her for that.

Quote by caskettheclown
i have a huge schlong.

there you go.

i win
Quote by unknownpunkrock
lol american's are goofs

It's just not used over here....I had never even seen or heard it used until I was on a forum with people from the U.K. .
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
From my understanding (I'm American also) They're like really annoying preps that enjoy Electronica/Techno with just a splash of Wiggerness.....and many are violent towards non-chavs

Wait a minute... Don't bring electronica into this!

Chavs just listen to R&B all the time... With the occasional 80's classic.
Couldn't have asked in that thread could you? Apart from the fact that people asked already and answers were given.

Oh and GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND.

Seriously though, be careful next time kiddo. Spam is baaad mmkayy
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by Ziggums

I heard once of all Chavs liking ****ty Techno and Electronica type stuff.....They sound like a mix between wiggers and preps.....
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
wow... its weird to think because the whole trend is an American think.... i mean i may be wrong, but 'ghettos' don't come to mind when i think of UK. Don't get me wrong, i don't think you set around all drinking tea, but this whole "gangster" pop cultural phenomenon seems to be mostly African-AMERICAN.... (NOT RACIST!! I SWEAR! IM JUST SAYING THAT THE GANGSTERS CAME FROM AFRICAN AMERICANS LIKE MULLETS CAME FROM WHITE TRASH.) And seeing how your a whole pond away.... seems really really really really fake.

edit: talking about the whole gangster thing
Gear:

Gibson SG
Epiphone LP
"Apocalypses Guitar"
Russian Bigmuff
Digitech Badmonkey Pedal
Boss Tuner
Last edited by rossj90 at Jun 17, 2008,
oh and chav stands for: Council Housed And Violent. violent is the key in why they've become the hated sub-standard species of human that they are.
Quote by horloko
Yeah I've been told that. I foretell the future in my doodling. I kept drawing me raping my Spanish teacher. Stupid teacher got scared and told on me. I raped her for that.

Quote by caskettheclown
i have a huge schlong.

there you go.

i win
Quote by rossj90
wow... its weird to think because the whole trend is an American think.... i mean i may be wrong, but 'ghettos' don't come to mind when i think of UK. Don't get me wrong, i don't think you set around all drinking tea, but this whole "gangster" pop cultural phenomenon seems to be mostly African-AMERICAN.... (NOT RACIST!! I SWEAR! IM JUST SAYING THAT THE GANGSTERS CAME FROM AFRICAN AMERICANS LIKE MULLETS CAME FROM WHITE TRASH.) And seeing how your a whole pond away.... seems really really really really fake.

Yeah well the UK gets all of the USA's **** seeing as it's shoved in our face every single day.
Quote by rossj90
what is a chav? i was reading the "god i hate chavs" or w/e thread and... well im a dumb American. <ha double negative

fixed
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
Quote by Ziggums

Chav's at my school have started listening to Drum n Bass like Pendulum. (Which are pretty much over-rated)
Quote by joeyj123
oh and chav stands for: Council Housed And Violent. violent is the key in why they've become the hated sub-standard species of human that they are.

Actually that's a backronym. I think it was actually CHeltenam AVerage but i cba to go into detail.
Quote by StoneColdQueen
Chav's at my school have started listening to Drum n Bass like Pendulum. (Which are pretty much over-rated)

Pendulum are a good band. No need to knock em.
Quote by rossj90

i dont think anyone said chavs evolved from 'american ghettos'. America may have been a big influence, but not in that way.
Quote by horloko

Quote by caskettheclown
i have a huge schlong.

there you go.

i win
Quote by Ziggums
Actually that's a backronym. I think it was actually CHeltenam AVerage but i cba to go into detail.

backronym?? explain.

yep sorry, i may be an idiot right now..
Quote by horloko

Quote by caskettheclown
i have a huge schlong.

there you go.

i win
Quote by joeyj123
backronym?? explain.

yep sorry, i may be an idiot right now..

Well, CHAV never meant Council Housed and Violent originally but someone decided that it could stand for that at a later date. So originally it didn't mean 'Council Housed and Violent.'
IS GOOGLE SO FUCKING HARD TO USE?!

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT

is this close?
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Quote by rossj90
what is a chav? i was reading the "god i hate chavs" or w/e thread and... well im a dumb American. <ha oxymoron

No, it's not an oxymoron. It is in fact a tautology.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
im not sayin that they came directly from the american ghettos, but just like the like suburban kids here, they pick up on it and act that way 'cause its cool... i would be like any rap or R&B artist in the UK being what seemed like... out of place because that music is derived from gospel, slave music and the like, which are all american by nature... IM NOT SAYING "OH LOOK AT EVERYONE IN THE UK BEING ALL I WANNA BE AMERICAN CAUSE THEY ARE SO COOL." im just saying that any influences of rap or r&b music that affect kids that drastically are a little on the fake side (OR SO IT SEEMS TO ME)

EDIT: the oxymoron thing was a joke. Americans know more that anyone how dumb some of the other Americans are.
Gear:

Gibson SG
Epiphone LP
"Apocalypses Guitar"
Russian Bigmuff
Digitech Badmonkey Pedal
Boss Tuner
Last edited by rossj90 at Jun 17, 2008,
Quote by Vince Noir
For all you chav haters: http://youtube.com/watch?v=DOJXmYBgcnw&feature=related

Made me LOL.

It's kind of funny, but its pretty scary. Imagine your leg getting chopped off!
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by joeyj123
i dont think anyone said chavs evolved from 'american ghettos'. America may have been a big influence, but not in that way.

Of course not, every country has their own violent and stupid underclass, live in council estates, most are unemployed, slightly inbred and the like. Chavs are just Britain's violent underclass, and they've existed for centuries, just without the Burberry.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too