Hello i currently own an ibanez ijx121 starter pack that comes with all this begginer **** that comes with a starter amp and guitar and ive been playing for 2 years with this equipment and im DEFINATELY ready to upgrade my gear i was wonderin if anybody can help me choose wisely,i dont gig i usually play in my bedroom or with friends so i dnt need those 120watt amps-thnx

-i usually play metal/metal core,nu-metal (a7x,killswitch engage,linkin park,Disturbed)
current equipment http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-IJX121-Metal-Guitar-Jumpstart-Package-103945184-i1168768.gc
Ibanez IJX121 Metal Guitar Jumpstart Package and more Value Package Electric Guitars at GuitarCenter.com.

-BUDGET=$450

eguipment im thinking of buying (let me know what you guys think)
-AMP=Roland 20xhttp://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-Cube-20X-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier-487031-i1169243.gc
Roland Cube 20X Guitar Combo Amplifier and more Guitar Amplifiers at GuitarCenter.com.

-AMP=Line six spider III 15 watt amp http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-15-15W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103944831-i1168996.gc
Line 6 Spider III 15 15W 1x8 Guitar Combo Amp and more Guitar Amplifiers at GuitarCenter.com.

-Guitar=Ibanez Art 100 (the guitar i really want to get )
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-ART100-Artist-Electric-Guitar-512354-i1173386.gc
Ibanez ART100 Artist Electric Guitar and more Solid Body Electric Guitars at GuitarCenter.com.

-GUITAR=ibanez rg2ex1
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG2EX1-Electric-Guitar-103382115-i1167867.gc
Ibanez RG2EX1 Electric Guitar and more Solid Body Electric Guitars at GuitarCenter.com.

-GUITAR=schecter omen 06http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Omen-6-Electric-Guitar-101262830-i1149925.gc
Schecter Omen 6 Electric Guitar and more Solid Body Electric Guitars at GuitarCenter.com.

i know it isnt much but i know its better than what i have PLEASE HELP thanx
i haven't tried that ibanez ART but i'm sure it's fine. try it to make sure you like it, and also try everything else the shop has in stock at a similar price range (both a little higher and lower than it costs).

For the amp i'd go with the roland cube 30x over the 20, it has a lot more amp models and is just plain better. you might as well try the spider as well, but if you ask me the cube is much better for high gain metal stuff.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried that ibanez ART but i'm sure it's fine. try it to make sure you like it, and also try everything else the shop has in stock at a similar price range (both a little higher and lower than it costs).

For the amp i'd go with the roland cube 30x over the 20, it has a lot more amp models and is just plain better. you might as well try the spider as well, but if you ask me the cube is much better for high gain metal stuff.

cool thanx for replying man-i dnt think i have the cash for the 30x but do u think the 20x has enough distortion to play (metal-nu-metal)-thnx
Those Ibanez guitars are nice, I don't know how they compare to the Schecter though. The Roland Cube is also good. The Spider is okay for bedroom practice, but the cube generally sounds better. Like Dave MC said, the louder version is even bettere though.
Let me suggest something different:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Valvetronix-AD15VT-15w-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-102640570-i1145734.gc

If you find this thing to be too expensive, go with the Cube.

You might want to check out this guitar, too. It's an in-between thing between the guitars you mentioned and a very popular choice, though I admit that the pickups on the RG you linked to are a tad better.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG321-Electric-Guitar-512492-i1147796.gc
Quote by Disturbedx91x
cool thanx for replying man-i dnt think i have the cash for the 30x but do u think the 20x has enough distortion to play (metal-nu-metal)-thnx

to be honest i'd seriously consider going for the 30x. it's $70 more than the cube 20x from what i can see, if you went with that rg321 which the quailman above suggested, that'd be you $20 closer to it.

if you really can't stretch, i'd consider the roland microcube, as it has all the models of the 30x (but is a lower wattage and smaller speaker, so won't have the punch).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
of the stuff u have there, get the schecter and the roland cube, solid combo rite there
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by seizetheday1103
of the stuff u have there, get the schecter and the roland cube, solid combo rite there

yeah thats my top choice cause synyster gates uses that brand of guitar and ive heared lots of good reviews about the schecter omen 06....i might get it on the maple satin color its fuken sexy but dnt know yet
go for the schecter if you like it best, not because your favourite player uses one... synester doesn't play a schecter omen...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
go for the schecter if you like it best, not because your favourite player uses one... synester doesn't play a schecter omen...

+1

Note: Have you tried out any of these guitars / amps?
Quote by Dave_Mc

um....i kind of knew that, he plays his own custom shecter but so far i already made up my amp choice im gettin the roland 20x but the guitar thyre all fuken awesome they all sound good and look good so i still cant decide but im sort of leaning towards the ibanez art100-thnx for all the feedback people
I personally would aim for the Ibanez ART-300, it seems generally better and more cooler than the ART-100. That's just my opinion anyway.

But hey, with an Ibanez ART-100 -> Roland Cube 20X, you'll be sorted for practice! Rock on!
^ indeed. i'll just reiterate my "aim for the cube 30x if at all possible" suggestion... or failing that, microcube (as long as it's strictly for practice).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The arts aren't very good, at least not compared to the ESP LTD EC series, they look exactly like a LP but have that great metal sound.
the Schecter Omen 6 is pretty good, i played my friend's. i haven't personally played any of the Roland Cubes but i've heard great things about them.
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Quote by Mwoit
I personally would aim for the Ibanez ART-300, it seems generally better and more cooler than the ART-100. That's just my opinion anyway.

But hey, with an Ibanez ART-100 -> Roland Cube 20X, you'll be sorted for practice! Rock on!

sweet thanx man yeah i just wanted a setup for playing in my bedroom and not bugging my old neighbors with my awesome music taste and its goin to sound WAY better then my current equipment FUKK YEAH!!