thin pick
Quote by Kensai
It's the pit; nelson mandela could make a thread urging everyone to do an effort towards reducing apartheid politics in some countries and everyone would post a photoshop of him with a melon hat.
Adjust the angle of the pick. i.e., whether or not the pick is in line with the strings. Changing that can give you a pretty wide array of sounds.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
by liquid sound are you meaning a fluid flowing sound when picking???
well if you are the key to this is good economy picking technique amongst other things obviously but id say that pretty darn important, they will be a lesson on this is the lessons section
Quote by jc71corvette
Any tips for picking so you have that "liquid" sound

Give us an example of what you mean, we'll be able to help a lot more.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by jc71corvette
I mean no the notes are all free flowing no little pauses etc

I meant more like a song, part of a song or youtube video...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I'll see if I can. If you do mean legato, the important thing is you're not picking every note (obviously). Practice hammer ons and pull offs so that there's not much of a volume difference from note to note. As for where you use the pick, I usually like to pick in rhythmically constant places, like maybe the 1 and 3 of a measure, and then I hammer, pull off to, or tap the other notes in the line. Does that help?
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50