Yo I have 2 amps, a Roland Cube 20x and a Marshall Valvestate vs15 (Made in England),
and I have 2 electric guitars, a Schecter C-1 Classic and an Esteban Midnight Legacy and I have plenty of different types of connectors. What I want to do is be able to hook up my Schecter to my Roland and Marshall. I'm not gonna do it the Schecter first but I want to know if its safe. My idea is putting an 1/4" Splitter into the guitar and have 2 cables running from the splitter to the amps. Will this work without damaging either the Guitar or the amp. And if this isn't something that will work could anyone suggest something that would work?
yes, it would work
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by Ghold125
a/b box...

an a/b box doesn't play both at the same time, which is what i think he wants
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
You want to have both playing at the same time or one at a time? If you want one at a time use an ABY box.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Ghold125
...he never said he wanted to use both at the same time

no but he implied it by mentioning the splitter directly from his guitar, not an amp switcher
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
a cable splitter would work, but wont be all that great. an aby box will do it better. you could also get a stereo pedal and use both outs. i can do that with my ad-9 and its just both amps running when the pedal is off. then one is regular and the other delayed with the pedal on. same idea goes for other stereo pedals.
ROFL at thread title.

I'd get an ABY Box. That way you have the option to run 2 amps at one time if you wanted.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
ROFL at thread title.

I'd get an ABY Box. That way you have the option to run 2 amps at one time if you wanted.

Lmfao.. Thanks for that.. /puke
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
So I do want both amps running at the same time sorry I didn't mention it. And will the ABY box allow that?
if you already have the splitter cable it is safe to use...
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yo listen I took a totally different approach. Instead of splitting the guitar and using two instrument cables, I split the cable and used a coupler to extend the length of one the cords so it runs to my amp. Thanks for your help everyone. I have no static or anything. Now with this kind of setup, If i keep splitting cables I could get surround sound in my room and my van lol. Oh quick note about splitters for people who don't know; the more splitters you use the quieter the sound is, it doesn't really get distorted as much as people think it would.