hey guys

im playing a battle of the bands to get onto warped tour on saturday and they give us a backline of amps to use. I can use a jcm 800, 900, or 2000. WHat would be the best for a heavy metallica/A7X, Dream Theatre such tone? and also, how would i get such tones because i have ten minutes to set up and tweak the amp.

thanks in advance!
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
You can't use your own amp? That sucks if you can't. Well I'd say the 800 with an OD in front if you want more metallica type sounds. The 900 and the 2000 would be more modern sounding. I don't know about settings, but I would go to a store and try out those three, see what you like and see what setting work for you.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
ya if its a new 800 eff it, id get the 900, if its an original one, 800, if its an origianl HOT RODDED 800 U HAVE TO USE IT
the 800 will be the easiest to set up coz its only got like 5 controls...I think the 2000 has more gain tho
Quote by ilovemySG
hey guys

im playing a battle of the bands to get onto warped tour on saturday and they give us a backline of amps to use. I can use a jcm 800, 900, or 2000. WHat would be the best for a heavy metallica/A7X, Dream Theatre such tone? and also, how would i get such tones because i have ten minutes to set up and tweak the amp.

thanks in advance!

WAIT A SECOND, U HAVE A 6505, use it. just bring the head and use there cab, they shouldnt really care lol
i'd go with an 800....to get the desired tone,scoop the mids and boost the bass and the treble

oh,i forgot to mention.....CRANK THE EFFING GAIN!!!
i dont have AD.....ooo,shiny
Quote by blairbondy
WAIT A SECOND, U HAVE A 6505, use it. just bring the head and use there cab, they shouldnt really care lol

+1

Just pop it ontop of the other head and connect the speaker cable in. shouldnt cause a problem.
JCM800
Tubescreamer
Cut the mids
Play Ride the Lightning

Win.
Good lucky btw, my friend's band won battle of the bands last year and got to warp tour and now they're doing really fecking well
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
JCM800
Tubescreamer
Cut the mids
Play Ride the Lightning

Win.
Good lucky btw, my friend's band won battle of the bands last year and got to warp tour and now they're doing really fecking well

o yeah? whats there name? and thanks! check us out, myspace.com/filtereffect

and thanks for the replies guys, but i have already mentioned bringing my own head but were not allowed, our drummer can only bring symbals, and a double bass pedal so its really tight. IF you guys check this out its a reallyyy big serious gig, check out this place and who has played there. www.starlandballroom.com. and about pedals, i dont wanna go out and blow 100 bucks on a pedal that i will only need this one time. bc i dont need an OD for my 6505! haha!
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
my metal head neighbor plays guitar for a band and I notice that he and his friends always brag about boosted jcm800s. try that out.
I have my JCM2000 TSL

and I get a nice heavy crunch using the following settings

Gain 6
Volume 6
Bass 6
Mid 5
Treble 6
Presence 3

Deep Switch activated
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by JLT73
I have my JCM2000 TSL

and I get a nice heavy crunch using the following settings

Gain 6
Volume 6
Bass 6
Mid 5
Treble 6
Presence 3

Deep Switch activated

perfect answer number one! and ile be sure to try that at the stores!
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
self bump =]
SUBSCRIBE!

peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Behringer FB1010
Quote by blairbondy

they probably have that selection so they dont have to wait for people to set up, so bringing his own peavey wouldnt work.

i would recommend the 900, but it all kind of depends on when it was made.
and 800 with an OD might be just as good though.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Quote by ilovemySG
o yeah? whats there name? and thanks! check us out, myspace.com/filtereffect

myspace.com/streetfightsilence

Definitely a boosted JCM800.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia