I recently placed an item on craigslist, and i got an email from someone asking if i had sold it yet. I told him I had not, and to let me know if he wanted to check it out. Here is his response:

Thanks for the prompt response and i will love to make an instant purchase,so please do withdraw the advert from Craigslist.I dont mind adding an extra $50 dollars for you to take the advert down from criagslist so that i can be rest assured that am in hand of the item.

I will also like you to know that i will be paying via check,and it will be an over night payment due to the distance .You dont need to
bother your self with the shippment ok,I will take care of that.So I will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check.

1.Your full name.
2.Your mailing address,be it residential or postal address.
3.Your phone number.
**Once again ,I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping.
I will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the check**
Do Have a nice day,
My Warmest Regard

I am wary because first of all he would send a check, and he wanted to do so promptly and would pay $50 for me to take it off craigslist. Yesterday I emailed him to ask his location and told him i preferred to handle it locally if possible and he has yet to answer.

So you make the call, scam or no scam?
I don't see how he could screw you? Just don't give him the item until you've cashed the check.
█████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████
Portugal. The Man »–
Ask if he can pay with PayPal, or cash as he says that he's going to get someone to pick it up personally.
doesnt sound like one. what are you selling?
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Whenever the person asks you to take the ad down, and even bribes you with cash to do so, usually turns out to be a scam in my experience.
Obvious scam
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot
he has horrible grammar and spelling errors

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

this guy is a weirdo don't do **** until he answers you and you get a better feel of the shady ****
As stated earlier: wait for the check, cash it, and if it goes through send him the item.
What is it, anyways?
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

yea i wouldnt trust them
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
wait, so he's going to wait til after you cash the check, to have a mover come pick it up?

How does that sound like a scam? He's gonna make sure you have the money before he picks it up. Unless theres something i'm missing, it sounds legit man.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
SCAM!!!! it really is dude. look at the things on the site that twells u about spams. i think its on top of the page in the site.
Scam. I got hit with the same request, almost word for word. Luckily we caught the guy. This is a scam and you need to report it.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Quote by xFeatherx
As stated earlier: wait for the check, cash it, and if it goes through send him the item.
What is it, anyways?

Its a guitar cab. The problem is the check can go through and i will get the cash, but if it was a fake and the bank finds out i will be held responsible
looks scammy.
Send him an email with a question in, just get a response which is clearly written by a person.
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
wtf just tell him that you only accept cash only. my brother got his 360 jacked this way, some guy gave him a fake money order, and when my dad tried cashing it in, it didnt work and my dad had to pay a fee since it was fake or somthin like that