Hello everyone. Today i went to my local music store to trade in my Line 6 Spider 3 for a Roland Cube 30X. But when i got there, they didn't even look at it or anything, and just said, "Uh... yeah, we can probably give you 100(U.S.) bucks off of the cube, so it'll just be $125 instead of $225."

The problem is, i paid $300 for this amp!!! It's in great condition, and everything. I've only had it for a few months, and nothing's wrong with it. What really pissed me off is the fact that they didn't even look at it. Then offered me way under what it's worth.

Even though most of you will agree with me and say this amp is crap, it's till worth 200 bucks, at the LEAST. I've got pics in my profile, it looks just like that, basically brand new.

I really want this Roland, but these are the only people in my town that deal Line 6 amps, and there's only one more place here that sells rolands, and they won't take Line 6's.

Do you think those people are wrong? I mean, like i said, i don't like the amp, but it still has market value, it's not only worth 100 dollars!

What do you guys think about this? What should i do?
O O

___
I'm sorry but you are lucky you got $100 for that POS. I'm wanting to sell mine for 90 tops to a friend, but I still am advising him against it, since I don't want to give him a crap amp.

Things devalue as soon as you touch them, really. It's quite a common trend with everything.
Quote by PanHead
That's all they're gonna give ya. Not looking at the amp should be a clue.

I know it's not that great of an amp, but back when i didn't know much about amps, they talked all great about this amp, and said it was awesome and recommended it to me...
O O

___
I went in with a Line 6 Variax 300 acoustic that THEY sold to me for $300. They said they'd never be able to sell it again and wouldn't even take it. They felt bad for selling me a piece of crap though so they let me trade it in for like $50 off another acoustic.

It seems Line 6 stuff isn't easy to unload.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
they overpayed you in my opinion

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Selling back to stores isn't really a good idea unless you just need to get rid of something and don't care how much you get. They will always pretty much rip you off. They buy stuff from people low and then jack up the price when they re-sell it to make a profit.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Quote by TheBax
I know it's not that great of an amp, but back when i didn't know much about amps, they talked all great about this amp, and said it was awesome and recommended it to me...

that's because they're paid on commision, and they know it looks like a good amp with all the shiny parts and lights to someone who doesn't know about amps
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Jun 17, 2008,
they have to make a profit off of it. so if you bought it for $300 new, they prolly would like to make at least $100 out of it. theres $200.

nobody is going to buy a used amp that is barely under the new price...

btw: how big was the amp? ex: wattage?

Alex
Guitars:
Schecter Omen 6
SX Telecaster
Rogue Deadnought
Squier J Bass

Amps:
Peavey TKO 115
Line 6 Spider III 15 watt
Fender Rumble 15

Drums:
Yamaha, Lugwig, Pearl, CB Drums
Sabian Cymbals
Yamaha Hardware
Quote by bojangleman
they have to make a profit off of it. so if you bought it for $300 new, they prolly would like to make at least $100 out of it. theres $200.

nobody is going to buy a used amp that is barely under the new price...

btw: how big was the amp? ex: wattage?

Alex

30 watts. The 1x12.
O O

___
the purpose of them buying the amp from you is that they will be able to resell it as a used item and make a profit. how would they make a profit if they bought if for your asking price and resold it for the same or similar.....if you think your getting ripped off so badly, then try selling it yourself. though imo 100$ is a pretty fair price for that amp.
That's more than I wold give you for it. You probably couldn't get a whole lot more for it on ebay since then you're talking about adding shipping which would probably be about 30 or 40 bucks I'd guess.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
unfair? welcome to life buddy!
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
A normal music store will give you about 50% of the current used value for it for an in store trade. So, if it could sell for $200, they will give $100. Thats if you are trading toward something. If you are just going to unload it for cash, they will give less.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
yea, dont ever sell stuff at a guitar center. It is a lower end amp but... well as much as i would hate someone else buying it and getting the amp, lol oh well i guess they would anyways. Ebay would be your best best, and 2nd of all craigslist.

If you start the bid at 100$ with a buyout of 200 i'm sure somone might still get it
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial