i currently own a prs se singlecut, this guitar is nice however i cant get on with the neck to wide and im after something to start playing metal on a trem isnt really somthing im to fussed about im more after tunning stability and playability. Any feedback would be great especially with any owners of the 321.

cheers Garry
the rg321mh is good. i've had it for a year now and it has never given me any problems.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
thanks for the reply, and in terms of action is it nice? and is the neck fast to play ? and does it sound ok stock ?
yes, yes, and yes.

And given that it's a mahogany bodied guitar, it is a great platform for future upgrades as well.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by gpmarshall
final question worth getting rid of the singlecut for ?

i wouldnt say its worth getting rid of that for because i havent played it, but the 321 is nice the action was nice when i got it, i did have a couple problems with buzz but after a set up the action had been lowered and the buzz removed its now really easy to play especially when playing bar chords
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
I've got a 321MH and it's... meh. It's very non-descript and boring, to be honest. I guess it does what it says on the tin: it's a basic mahogany-bodied super-Strat with a thin neck (though I find the fretboard to be too wide. The neck profile is very thin, but in terms of the width between the high E and low E strings, there's too much fretboard, I find it actually slows my playing down. But to each his own).

But it's not going to blow you away. You're getting what you pay for, but nothing more. I've had a couple of Epiphones now and a Fender bass where I've been like "holy ****, this is amazing, I can't believe it only cost £[xxx]!", but with the RG321MH, I had a more "yeah, this is just about worthy of the price. Meh..." kind of feeling. The build quality is 'decent', the hardware is all average, the pickups are average for stock pickups (which means poor compared to other pickups), it plays average it sounds average...

To be honest, I think you're better off keeping the Singlecut. Think of it this way: the Ibanez RG321MH costs £175. The PRS SE Singlecut Trem costs £500. Go figure. Getting rid of the PRS for the Ibanez would be a huge step down.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
the only problem with my ors is its a bit buzzy despite quite a few set ups and the action is pretty crap even with adjustments i kinda feel conned after buying it
dont sell the PRS for the 321. If you want to get rid of it, at least trade up for an ibanez prestige.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul std faded, Godin LG
Marshall jcm900
Keeley ds1, maxon od808, boston tu500, RMC Wizard
The PRS is a bit tricky. I took my Tremonti SE (basically the older model of the singlecut) into a tech and he set it up nicely. My only gripe with the PRS is the tail piece b/c you can't adjust the action of each string individually. I say keep the PRS and get it set up properly, maybe change the pups.
i would love to trade it up, but im a very broke student (in london so that multiplys the broke factor). ive had 3 set ups on this guitar now all of of which have just given me bad action its a real dissapointment itjust dosent play nice at all and barely keeps intune (10 minutes of playing lightly ie strumminga few cords and its completley out). it was a real dissapointment wish i new mor ebefore spending £480 on it
Sounds to me like you are going to the wrong places for a setup, try finding a pro luither who can give you a decent setup and fret dress. This is a guy i found in london that might be worth ringing http://www.grahamparker.moonfruit.com/ and if you can easily get to the leicester area this guy is really good, nice guy as well http://www.leicestershire-luthier.co.uk/ they should be able to look at it and arrange a price.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
with regards to the tunning would the set up be the problem, because i wouldnt mind keeping the guitar, but after 2 or 3 set ups at pmt it still sucks alot and i get no enjoyment out of playing it because an out of tune guitar with sloppy action and slight fret buzz is pretty crap is not to great ... , also any ideas what i would expect to pay for a pro set up ?
Quote by gpmarshall
with regards to the tunning would the set up be the problem, because i wouldnt mind keeping the guitar, but after 2 or 3 set ups at pmt it still sucks alot and i get no enjoyment out of playing it because an out of tune guitar with sloppy action and slight fret buzz is pretty crap is not to great ... , also any ideas what i would expect to pay for a pro set up ?

well I had a similar problem took it to a shop and paid £30 for a setup but they didnt fix the problem. But then took it to a pro in leicester and he made it play really nice for £50 which was a setup and fret dress, it will depend on exactly what the guitar needs. Going out of tune could be because the nut needs replacing or strings just need putting on correctly and the buzzing might be sorted with a fret dress and a litle neck and action tweaking. you should just ring up and arrange an appointment they will arrange a price when they look at it.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube