I'm kinda stuck between these two. Which one do you think has better quality and tone?
i would say the Ibanez but i'm kinda biased. i play one and the epi LP that i've played wasn't as good.
Ibanez SZ.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Having played both, the Ibanez. It had better fit/finish, better hardware and the upper fret access was perfect compared to the tough to reach upper frets of the LP.
Ibanez.

Before I begin my rant, I must mention I am extremely biased and much prefer Ibanez to most brands in a sub £1000 bracket.

Anyways...

- Ibanez is made in Korea whilst the Epiphone is made in China. Epiphone Quality Control is generally pretty shoddy IMO, the quality of each batch of guitars varies hugely. In most circumstances, Korean Ibanez guitars are made fairly well and are good guitars.
- Personal Feeling; I much prefer double cutaway than a single cutaway, the Ibanez sounded much more fuller and articulate than the Epiphone stock pickups. The slimmer profile of the Ibanez was more suitable to me and generally it felt like a good solid guitar. Epiphone's feel a bit generic to me and average.
- Coil tap is available for the Ibanez allowing more variety of tones!
- You get 2 volume / 2 tone on the Epiphone allowing killswitch functions and a greater change in tones between pickups if you want.
Quote by Mwoit
Ibanez.

Before I begin my rant, I must mention I am extremely biased and much prefer Ibanez to most brands in a sub £1000 bracket.

Anyways...

- Ibanez is made in Korea whilst the Epiphone is made in China. Epiphone Quality Control is generally pretty shoddy IMO, the quality of each batch of guitars varies hugely. In most circumstances, Korean Ibanez guitars are made fairly well and are good guitars.
- Personal Feeling; I much prefer double cutaway than a single cutaway, the Ibanez sounded much more fuller and articulate than the Epiphone stock pickups. The slimmer profile of the Ibanez was more suitable to me and generally it felt like a good solid guitar. Epiphone's feel a bit generic to me and average.
- Coil tap is available for the Ibanez allowing more variety of tones!
- You get 2 volume / 2 tone on the Epiphone allowing killswitch functions and a greater change in tones between pickups if you want.

listen to this man. as i said before, i have played both also and feel the same way about Epi LP's and Ibanez's guitars. all in all, Mwoit wins.