I have a mock of Fender Strat. Its a Lefty, because im a lefty. Would i be able to put a 'normal' humbucker in the bridge position? If so how easy would it be? Just take out the old single coil and put in the humbucker with the same wires and everything?
That'll work just fine.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
It's symmetrical... There's no such thing as lefthanded guitar pickups. They fit in any guitar.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
Yeah except the EMG logo would be upside down.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
Quote by ¤TabMaster¤

yes, but get the trembucker version TB not SH. The TB's will align with your strings better if you have a Strat (knock off) as Blue Strat said.

Search on Trembucker if you need to know more. That is a Duncan term. Otherwise, it is know as F Spaced as in Fender Spaced.
i would take the pickguard off jsut to make sure theres a big enough cavity in the body though.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
yes, but get the trembucker version TB not SH. The TB's will align with your strings better if you have a Strat (knock off) as Blue Strat said.

Search on Trembucker if you need to know more. That is a Duncan term. Otherwise, it is know as F Spaced as in Fender Spaced.

So i can only get pickups that are 'TB"? I was on musicians friend and searched 'trembucker' and there were only 2 there. Does this mean i only have to options from a humbucker
Quote by ¤TabMaster¤
So i can only get pickups that are 'TB"? I was on musicians friend and searched 'trembucker' and there were only 2 there. Does this mean i only have to options from a humbucker

No. Like he said, look for "F spaced" versions as well. You need it so the poles line up with the spacing of the Strat's strings better.
It still works. I guess the best way to describe it is that because the pole pieces do not line up exactly with the strings on a Strat (and other Strat like guitars) especialy at 5th and 6th strings - the balance is off.

No worries. Extremely common. As a matter of fact if you search on F Spaced and Trembucker your options for tone too will become better as the 'voicings' will be more gear for strats. The name Trembucker is a Seymour Duncan thing and that is prolly why you only found 2. I just found 15 on GC.com
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Default.aspx?src=trembucker&Search.x=11&Search.y=13

I'm referencing Duncan 'cause that is what i know best. There are other options.

EDIT: Edit for clarity and yes the UG Classifieds are a place to look too. Just go over to that forum or PM UGrs.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jun 18, 2008,
im selling a seymour duncan TB-5 if you're interested.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.