because I don't really know the simple difference in passive and active but I like these on my guitar so help me please
Gear:

2004 PRS Swamp Ash Special
Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
Passive. The difference between passive and active is that active pickups require a 9-volt battery to power them (EMG's, Seymour-Duncan Blackouts). Passive pickups don't need a battery.
Neon Neon Neon Neon Neon Black

UG's #1 anti-active advocate

Gear:
Engl Powerball
Carvin DC727
Schecter C-1+
Line 6 Flextone 3
Line 6 M9
Quote by COBHC728
Passive. The difference between passive and active is that active pickups require a 9-volt battery to power them (EMG's, Seymour-Duncan Blackouts). Passive pickups don't need a battery.

that's it...

wow..

lol.

But how do you go about changing these 9v batteries?
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
Quote by aeliustehman
that's it...

wow..

lol.

But how do you go about changing these 9v batteries?

They normally live in the back cavity. Change them just as you would on a stompbox or something.
Quote by Tom_hatton
They normally live in the back cavity. Change them just as you would on a stompbox or something.

so you have to take them out?

sorry I also have no idea what a stompbox is
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
...you own one. A pedal. It's held in by a battery clip in the cavity for the controls. Some guitars have battery compartments (wastes of wood *cough*) for them as well.
Quote by CJRocker
...you own one. A pedal. It's held in by a battery clip in the cavity for the controls. Some guitars have battery compartments (wastes of wood *cough*) for them as well.

so, DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE THEM OUT?

I'm guessing yes though
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2