Poll: Pain killers or not?
Poll Options
View poll results: Pain killers or not?
Yes
50 86%
No
8 14%
Voters: 58.
If I was to get, say 4, wisdom teeth pulled, would I have to take pain killers?
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Always outnumbered, never outgunned...
It really depends on the person. I got all four of mine out at the same time. Not to mention that all four were impacted. I was in absolutely no pain.
With a name like Yakult, it has to be good. Vote Yakult.

Member #11 of the "...Still Waiting for the Zombie
Holocaust" club. PM Smokey Amp

Roland Deschain of UG's Heroes and Villains Clubs.
from what i hear it hurts a lot.
so i would go with the pain killers.

unless you're into that whole
i-am-macho-i-handle-anything sort of deal.
then by all means, no
No, theyre not gonna make you take pain killers. Your pain so deal with it.
Quote by saxaxe
YESI love you.

Quote by Wulphy
Ever stuck their finger in their ass, just to see what it was like? I did

Quote by thewho65
My sister has a big ass
It is not that I want to be macho, it is just I am in the military and there have been people selling medication so they will not give me any. I have the option to reschedule if I wanted to wait but I could just get it over with now.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by i have to pee
It is not that I want to be macho, it is just I am in the military and there have been people selling medication so they will not give me any. I have the option to reschedule if I wanted to wait but I could just get it over with now.

So is it that you can't afford it?
Quote by Timothym
So is it that you can't afford it?

It is free either way.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
to be honest, i just like using the word "macho" and needed an excuse to.
ehh, get it over with i guess.
otherwise it'll just hang over your head until you get it done.
if youve got a small mouth theyll have to break your jaw so if you can take that then you'll be fine soldier!
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
they will give you meds but you dont have to take them if you dont wanna... but why would you not wanna

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
I'll have to get it done in October probably if I were to reschedule. It won't be too long of a wait. I just want to know if it will put me out of service for awhile (pun intended).
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
From what I've heard it totally varies from person to person. I haven't gotten mine removed yet, but I know people who were agonizing for days afterwards and others that went out partying the night they had it done.
“A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
-Bob Dylan

Quote by Freezer Burn

Congratz on the having the longest wall of text ever!

You don't have to take them. I ran out of pain pills after I had mine out and I went without them... for the 2 hours it took to get my prescription refilled. The pain made it hard to think and I nearly wrecked the car. But you don't HAVE to take them, if you enjoy agony.

I plowed my head into a concrete sidewalk while running at full tilt. My first reaction was to wipe the blood out of my eyes, turn to everyone and say "I'm fine!" A little pain doesn't bother me. But I was out of commision for several days after the surgery. Pills don't make me loopy but they do make me think slowly and I sure as HELL wasn't going to do without them unless I had to. So I didn't leave my house for four days.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Last edited by Free to Guitar at Jun 17, 2008,
I had mine (4 impacted ones) removed last wednesday and I havent taken pain medication for two days now. I took Lortab (sp?) for maybe three days and then switched to ibuprofen after that. I probably could've just taken ibuprofen from the start though. Also, I was out running around and play-sword fighting with my friends the day after. It hasn't been a big deal for me at all.
I got all four takin out, it was terrible, it hurt really bad and i didnt eat for 3 days.
Didn't have to remove mine yet, but my dad says it's pain from hell...
Proud member of the UG Hate Crew

Laguna Loire of the Final Fantasy Elites - PM metacarpi, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by Ecliptica24
the worst thing about it imo is the taste of blood in your mouth all day.

haha, all my burps tasted like blood for two days after. However, I would say the worst part is not being able to eat solid foods for a few days after.
Get your teeth pulled out without anasthetic? ...get tae ****. lol

I won't be getting my widsom teeth pulled, there' one coming through t the moment.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
I had all four of mine pulled, without going under, didn't hurt at all until the last one, god... *shudders* Anyways, you'll be fine after about two days, and by fine I mean it won't hurt anymore, but your jaw will still be sore for awhile, meaning that you can't really open it all the way, so eat soft foods, and milkshakes!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Eh... might as well.
And yeah, it really depends.

Mine hurt a fair amount. I didn't get sick or anything like my sister, but I was sore for a week or two.
I'd just get some... just in case.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
why does everyone need their widsom teeth removed? lol

I don't know anyone who's needed them removed.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!

Well, usually if you're mouth is smaller they come in impacted and can cause problems. Luckily, I get free dental.

I'm debating whether to cancel or not. Maybe I can talk them into giving me some medication if not an entire weeks worth. I could just thin them out but I don't really want to miss much school from this ****.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by meh!

Hi, I'm FtG. My wisdom teeth were pushing my teeth forward, misaligning my teeth as well as causing pain and discomfort. Now you know someone who needed them removed.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
they are vestigial. you dont need them. most peoples mouths are to small for all theyre teeth to fit

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by meh!

i think its a scam on the part of dentists working in cohorts with oral surgeons. they tell you, "well you might be fine to leave them in, but you could run into problems down the road if you dont remove them. and the younger you are, the easier the surgery will be."

its all a scam. same with braces.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
i think its a scam on the part of dentists working in cohorts with oral surgeons. they tell you, "well you might be fine to leave them in, but you could run into problems down the road if you dont remove them. and the younger you are, the easier the surgery will be."

its all a scam. same with braces.

No, braces my friend are not a scam. I am extremely thankful to my grandma for paying for mine.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Sadly, i'm getting into your situation...They hurt like a bitch. They will have to be removed, so you'll probably get some anesthesia or something. They wouldn't be complete torture monsters and rip them out without it.
Quote by The Virtuoso
No, braces my friend are not a scam. I am extremely thankful to my grandma for paying for mine.

there are instances where people need braces. there are instances where people need to have their wisdom teeth removed.

a majority of the time, its just a big hype by dentists and oral surgeons to make money. i was told all growing up that i needed to get braces. i never got them. my teeth turned out fine.

scam.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by severed-metal
Sadly, i'm getting into your situation...They hurt like a bitch. They will have to be removed, so you'll probably get some anesthesia or something. They wouldn't be complete torture monsters and rip them out without it.

I'll get anesthesia, it is just the painkillers prescription I won't be getting after. Luckily, mine aren't hurting or causing any discomfort as of yet so I might wait it out.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
there are instances where people need braces. there are instances where people need to have their wisdom teeth removed.

a majority of the time, its just a big hype by dentists and oral surgeons to make money. i was told all growing up that i needed to get braces. i never got them. my teeth turned out fine.

scam.

Obviously, they are trying to scam me out of my money for a free surgery they are doing...
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
get the pks and if you dont wanna take them, sell them.. theres always people lookin for some good painkillers.

u might just need them tho if your getting 4 removed
It does vary, but you will probably need them for the first day or two afterwards at least, and it may or may not put you out of commission for a week or so.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I had mine out and I definatly had to take them. I would be very surprised if you didnt
Reality continues to ruin my life.
Apparently, some people here have poor reading comprehension skills. I already stated I can't get the pain killers because they think I'll sell them, granted I wasn't in extreme pain and needed them. I'll probably just wait until I get another duty station at the end of August and schedule it there.

At least I can't deploy while needed this surgery.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
▓▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
╚═╝
I had all four removed within the same surgery. I HAD to take pain killers, I couldn't even open my mouth.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!