The schematic below is supposed to be for an ibanez SCR220 even though it says SC420 and 620... i have this guitar and it's supposed to have one 4 lead pup, one 2 lead pup and a 5 way switch. it has two 2 lead pups and a 5 way switch... plus, the diagram shows the bridge pup magnet having the polarity reversed and mine are both slug side to the north

i want to put 2 new 4 conductor pups into it but i'm kinda lost on where to begin considering the schematic isnt what i have

Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
I wired the 4 conductor down to 2 conductor (black to ground, white and green together, red is hot) and just wired it the same way it came with the new pups... all i can say is VICTORY IS MINE!!! I was doing this to test out my pickup making skills... i would this set 8k for the neck and 12.6k for the bridge... the neck pup is overwound on the slug coil to get a slightly rawer sound out of it and it's wrapped with 42 awg heavy formvar wire. the bridge is 43awg poly with pretty even windings on both coils. i'm very pleased with the outcome.

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
alnico v... they are the stewmac humbucker kits that i wound and assembled myself. ill try to get some clips up soon... they sound pretty good considering i have no real experience with electronics lol.

my bad... it's an SCA220 not SCR220... i found the specs

but i dont get the switch configuration... what jumper would i use to split the bridge pup to a single coil but not the neck?!?! i tried to lay it out based on switch position but it doesn't make sense to me...