Oh my god, I took off my brand new Fender's strings off and put new ones on like an idiot, the original strings were the pink Ernie Ball i think, and i put on the purple Ernie Ball, they're called power slinky or something but while stringing it up, i heard three loud *SNAP!*-ing noises, like something happening in the neck, if someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated, the guitar cost $430.00 and it's three weeks old.
if u take all the strings off and the guitar stays together check to make sure the necks still straight?
that snap would be the strings not the guitar- ive lost several sets of strings while putting them on due to that....
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
i did that, i forgot to mention, and now i'll try and tune it, and by the time i'm done tuning it, it's out of tune again, like this is driving me crazy

EDIT : @ mintsauce
did you take all the strings off at once? or change them one at a time? cuz if you took them all off at once, that might cause the neck to have some problems
Quote by Gizmandermez
i did that, i forgot to mention, and now i'll try and tune it, and by the time i'm done tuning it, it's out of tune again, like this is driving me crazy

EDIT : @ mintsauce

That's normal. Tune up, stretch the strings, then tune again. It should settle after a day or two, once the strings are bedded-in.

Quote by ninjafingers
did you take all the strings off at once? or change them one at a time? cuz if you took them all off at once, that might cause the neck to have some problems

Taking all of the strings off won't damage the neck or body - that's a myth.
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Jun 17, 2008,
The heavier gauge puts more pressure on the trem, pulling it up. Now it's probably floating, causing it to come out of tune when you tune it up normally. Use the screws on the trem claw to bring it back flush to the body. Also be sure to check your intonation and action.
the noise was probably just the string jumping off the tuning peg. it shouldnt be a big deal but if it gives u problems just take it to a professional.
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
If the neck isn't broken I don't get what you're problem is... So you heard a snap... and? If there is nothing else wrong, then what are you asking us?
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
idk it still will not stay in tune, i tune the e string, then by the time i'm done tuning the a string , the e is way out of tune again
The string wasnt seated right, thats what the pop was. You need to streach your strings and tune a few times, do some whammy wankage, tune again and repeat. You may need to adjust your trem and intonation if you changed string gauge though.
Quote by Gizmandermez
idk it still will not stay in tune, i tune the e string, then by the time i'm done tuning the a string , the e is way out of tune again

Quote by -MintSauce-
That's normal. Tune up, stretch the strings, then tune again. It should settle after a day or two, once the strings are bedded-in.

You haven't waited a few days yet.
alright dude . Those strings are too high of gauge. What you need to do on strats is put more springs on the tremolo block to off set the extra tension of the strings. When I switched up to power slinkys on my strat the springs were stretching like crazy and the bridge was bending up so I put on two more string and the thing is solid, it plays like normal and the bridge is in the right place. I have 5 tension springs on my strat's tremolo.
i think you pulled the string claw out...that will explain your problem when you tune the e it pulls the bridge up and then when you tune the a it pulls the bridge up more and making the e drop. check the spring cavity...or just see if you can easily lift up the bridge with your figers
Guitars
Agile 3100 Lp with Floyd Rose @ SD classic blues pups
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Old B.C. Rich NJ Series
Home Built Stratocaster
1/2 Ovation Trekker
olp
Amps
Bugera 5w class a
Pedals
Digitech Tone Driver Overdrive
dunlop 535q