I love the Germs. I don't listen to them that much lately though. But yeah, I guess that's my contribution.
Quote by Cameronrobson
You read American Hardcore, did'nt you?

If that's directed towards me, no.. I've never read it.

Regardless of who it's directed to, though, I fail to see what it has to do with this. Probably because I've never read the book.
They suck. Lexicon Devil is their only song worth listening too.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
I like their recorded stuff, but all there live stuff I've seen is the equivilent of watching a kid with downs syndrome try to sing
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
In other news, the Germs movie finally has major city release date after being in post-production for years...

..unfortunately, it's only 3 cities..

USA 15 August 2008 (Chicago, Illinois)
USA 23 August 2008 (Los Angeles, California)
USA 8 September 2008 (New York City, New York)
I once saw a prono where the "starlet" had a tattoo near her snizz that looked suspiciously like that germs circle logo thing.

I thought that was weird, and I have wondered ever since if it is in fact a Germs themed tattoo. I suppose I'll never know the answer. It's gonna haunt me.

Anyway, I agree quite alot with this line:

Quote by RockThe40oz

Most of their other songs aren't really listenable.
Lexicon Devil (Single Version)
Richie Dagger's Crime
Communist Eyes
Land of Treason
Shut Down (Annihilation Man)

And of course:

WE MUST BLEEEEED
The Germs are amazing...

and I'll tell ya why...

Pat Smear could really jam it out on the guitar, and had a tone like no other

Lorna Doom has doomy melody bass lines which fit perfectly in the mix

Don Bolles is probably the best Punk Rock drummer

and then theres Darby Crash, the epitome of a mindless, ****ing idiot. Sounds like a retard you'd see in one of those ****ty slasher flicks like the hills have eyes or something. Really do have no idea what he is saying half the time, and the live footage is even WORSE...

but this is why I love Darby Crash, cuz he was probably the stupidest ****er on the planet, did SO Much drugs to the point where he was never sober, absolutely had no contribution to society (or music) but destroy it.

but this dude wrote some of the best lyrics I have ever heard...

now THAT is friggin' trippy...
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Quote by RockThe40oz
If that's directed towards me, no.. I've never read it.

Regardless of who it's directed to, though, I fail to see what it has to do with this. Probably because I've never read the book.

No, it was directed at the thread starter. He made a thread about SSD and about whether or not there are any modern hardcore bands. That plus this makes me think he read American hardcore. It's a good book.
two and a half men.
The Germs are one of the only hardcore bands I can still listen to, though I'm fairly sure it's mainly for nostalgias sake. But they have a few songs that I still dig. I like the original versions of Lexicon Devil and No God and Circle One, where the guitar isn't as distorted and stuff. The stuff they recorded with Geza X (you guys should check him out, he's psychotic).
DOWN&OUT
I used to love them when I was first getting into punk, but I haven't listened to them in years, and I see no reason to. I bet I only liked them to seem cool because they were pretty unlistenable for the most part.
I love how their song Circle One deteriorates into layer upon layer of crazy guitar fills. The solo at the end always cracks me up. Its so awesome.
Quote by Cameronrobson
You read American Hardcore, did'nt you?

YOU watched American Hardcore, didn't you?
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
i like the germs a lot. their music makes me happy
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by axeslash
YOU watched American Hardcore, didn't you?

NO!... yes.
two and a half men.
Did anyone see them with Shane West singing for them at the warped tour 2 years ago? I heard that was a **** pile and a half
I saw them with Shane West. Granted, it wasn't on their Warped Tour stint, but they sounded a hell of a lot better than any of the live performances I saw of them with Darby on YouTube.
I remember when it first happened and everyone was ragging on Shane West, but hell! I met the guy. He was so nice and down to earth, I totally dug him. Plus he didn't try to cop Darby's style at all, which made it a worth while performance. Someone shouted for him to cut himself "like Darby did" or something, and he just shouted back "I'm not Darby Crash you asshole" and went on it with it.

Maybe if I was a Darby Crash devotee and obsessed with his myth, and not just a casual Germs listener (though I really dug them back when I saw them. They were one of my favorites) then I would have cared. But it was a hell of a lot better than I would have hoped for, and he deserves way more credit than he got.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Jett Diamond
Plus he didn't try to cop Darby's style at all, which made it a worth while performance.

Jeez, I hope not. I know I wouldn't pay to see someone get ****ed up and forget to sing into the microphone.

Although our friend Joe from The Book Slave has a habit of singing without being anywhere near the mic. But that's not because he's wasted out of his mind, it's because he's busy dancing and playing guitar, so that makes it OK.
Yeah I heard the Germs Return really put on an amazing show...

surprisingly...
Quote by Cameronrobson
NO!... yes.

I own the movie AND the book.

w00t.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
The germs are fcuking great. Darby is a nut, hes a genius too. They have some sweet songs, but there are a whole lot more that suck a lot. but w/e i still think that they're great
Lexicon Devil is pretty amazing. The rest of their stuff is good but not great.
Quote by Mav-16
Yeah I heard the Germs Return really put on an amazing show...

surprisingly...

Whoever said that is on drugs. I've seen it multiple times and everytime they got booed off the stage. Its sad.
Richie Dagger's Crime and No God for the winz.

I wanna see the movie about The Germs. Is it out yet or what? And if so, I ain't seen it anywhere in Canaduuuuh.
i saw the germs return 3 days ago and they were amazing!
i never got to see them with darby, but shane sounds like darby's recordings

plus he has amazing energy onstage and hes a really cool guy
Quote by Godsmack_IV
ur so cool rockhard182

Quote by Phill-Rock
There's always a time and a place for domestic violence.

Quote by recklessnick
i diy all my orgasms.
DIY PONX FTW!
I've only heard the Germs on the Decline of Western Civilization movie. Darby sounds like a kid with Down Syndrome getting raped by Santa Claus.
two and a half men.
Quote by Cameronrobson
I've only heard the Germs on the Decline of Western Civilization movie. Darby sounds like a kid with Down Syndrome getting raped by Santa Claus.

+1

Agreed
I could be wrong, but isn't there a movie coming out about Darby Crash? Or did that already come out? I read about it in the paper...