well, at the moment i am using a very basic crate practice amp. it has distortion (gain, gain volume), clean channel volume, and the three eq setting switches. there's nothing wrong with it, but i just think its very basic but i don't know a lot about amps. i was thinking of getting a fender g-dec (not the junior) since my friend recomended it to me because you can use built in backing tracks and its easy use with a wide variety of settings. should i get a new amp? if so, which one. at the moment, i want the fender g-dec. i only need it for practicing btw, no gigs or w/e
No, if you want a better practice amp then a cube or a valvetronix would be good if you want the effects.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
+1 on the cube and vox.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
but can you run backing tracks with it?

as in do they already have generic backing tracks in there? or could you put them in it?
Last edited by madshatter at Jun 17, 2008,
if theres nothing wrong with your amp and you arent really looking for an upgrade (a practice amp to a practice amp isnt much of an upgrade IMO) then i wouldnt get a new amp. something along the lines of a nice multi-effects processor will work nicely for what you want. i know some allow you to plug in cd players and such, as well as have drum loops on them. and if you get something nice, it will last you a lot longer than another practice amp. thats what i would do anyway.