I want a good guitar for metal.
Give me some ideas.

...As for specs, I'd like a Floyd Rose (or another decent whammy) and 24 frets.
2 humbuckers, for HSS if available.
Radical body shape... if you can sit with it. Or the strat shape.
I'd like a thick beefy sound, but still clear highs.
Passive pups... I'm not a fan of EMGs. I like cleans sometimes.
I play mostly metal but I also clean it up a bit and play lighter stuff.

I've been looking at a few Jacksons and B.C. Riches... I really like the WMD Warbeast, but it seems to be a little too cheap when compared to the specs of the Jacksons. The OFR and the neckthru, for that price?!

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-WRXT-X-Warrior?sku=512240
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=511668
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2M-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=517588
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B.C.-Rich-WMD-Warbeast-Electric-Guitar?sku=512689
I always thought guitars were made of wood?

/overused metal guitar thread joke.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by DrPants PhD
Ibanez.

This.
Gear:

-Guitars-
Esp/LTD JH-200
Ibanez RG2EX2
Yamaha FD01

-Amps-
Marshall MGDFX250 (It was a Gift)
Peavey Vypyr 15 watt

-Effects-
Digitech DF-7
Quote by DrPants PhD
Ibanez.

+1, but with an Edge Pro, Edge Lo-Pro or Zero, not with the Edge III.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
The Jackson RR3 Rules. I've played it many times, through amps good and crappy, and it has a great pickup combo. Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge for Hard Metal, Jazz in the Neck for groovy solos. That's my recomendation.

The BC Rich is just fine, once you start paying $700 and up for a BC, you get a great quality instrument for metal and hard rock.

The Jackson Warrior: No, I wouldn't get an "X" series Jackson guitar, I hear they suck, but you can take a risk if you want.

And for the others, I haven't tried them.

As for all these people shouting "Ibanez", they are good if you

A) have small hands

B) Like small bodied, toy-like guitars with crappy stock pickups and the trendiness that only an ipod surpasses
Last edited by Beebaboo at Jun 17, 2008,
Jackson is a great choice I agree with beebaboo I need a neck with some thickness for my hands realy thin necks are uncomfortable and ibanez stock pickups for most of there guitars arn't that great.
Amp-5150 Block Letter

Cab-Recto 4x12

Guitar-Jackson DKMG

Pedals-to many to name
Quote by Beebaboo
The Jackson RR3 Rules. I've played it many times, through amps good and crappy, and it has a great pickup combo. Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge for Hard Metal, Jazz in the Neck for groovy solos. That's my recomendation.

The BC Rich is just fine, once you start paying $700 and up for a BC, you get a great quality instrument for metal and hard rock.

The Jackson Warrior: No, I wouldn't get an "X" series Jackson guitar, I hear they suck, but you can take a risk if you want.

And for the others, I haven't tried them.

As for all these people shouting "Ibanez", they are good if you

A) have small hands

B) Like small bodied, toy-like guitars with crappy stock pickups and the trendiness that only an ipod surpasses

You make me laugh.
Jackson or possibly an ESP/LTD however you will have the problem of EMG's... Out of all of the ones you mentioned I would say the DK2M.
I don't understand the "too cheap" assessment of the Warbeast. In the '08 lineup BC Rich delivers exactly what you describe in several different models.
I also like Jacksons. For me, given the thinness of the neck, it is not as comfortable to play. I prefer a slightly thicker neck. And a neck-through Jackson will cost you substantially more.
As far as Ibanez goes, they make great guitars, too. I love the S-series so much that I may actually buy one some day. (when I have "enough" BC Rich pieces). I have heard a lot of complaints about their Edge trems, though I have personally had good experience with them.
So, buy what you like. I am a BC Rich fanboy, but jam with a bunch of guys who can't understand why.