Does anyone have any experience with this line of amps? I'm looking for a new amp that I can play at sociable volumes as I'm going to be living in flats soon. I'm not strictly looking for a modeller but this has caught my eye as it covers the tones I enjoy and would like to know how good the 30 or 60 watt version would be for a bedroom and jamming (hopefully) amp. I know the SansAmp series has a really good rep and allegedly, these are just the very same with a speaker attached.

In case you think I've never heard of tube amps before, I have. I've owned a few too but I'm just looking at some other options to arouse my curiosity.

Thanks all.
i havent played them myself, but i heard they are really good amps. listen to their soundclips on their website.
It seems like although they may not have as much bells and whistles as some modelling amps, what they do they do very well. I'm seriously considering one as an alternative to low wattage tube amp (which I have owned 3 of). Is this a good idea? The new character series pedals sound good too.
The Tech 21 amps are quite good for what they are. I like them much more than the other modellers out there. What they don't have in bells and whistles, they make up for in tone. Mind you they can sound a little dull.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
The Tech 21 amps are quite good for what they are. I like them much more than the other modellers out there. What they don't have in bells and whistles, they make up for in tone. Mind you they can sound a little dull.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by greggybhoy
Why the ?

Is it UG sarcasm?

It's because I'm unbanned.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
tech 21 trademarks are the best modellers out there.
My Gear
Edwards E-LP-98LTC
Ibanez RG 321 MH
Jackson DK2M with tonezone
Mesa Mark III
Tech 21 Trademark 10
Quote by Slayer566
tech 21 trademarks are the best modellers out there.

How does the California voicing compare to your Mark III? I'm not a metaller but I love the sound of an overdriven Boogie.
Boost these amps with an OD pedal when using the british amp mod, and it's low volume high gain heaven.

These are my favourite analog amps.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
This past weekend I saw a band (Well 3 guys...) and the guitarist (acoustic/electric) was using a Tech 21 60 watt. It sounded great with the acoustic/elec through it. It had much better low end than most SS amps I have heard.
Quote by Van Noord
Boost these amps with an OD pedal when using the british amp mod, and it's low volume high gain heaven.

These are my favourite analog amps.

So they're analog rather than digital? What does that mean?

And if I do buy one, will I be ostracised from the tone snob community for not having a valve amp?
Quote by greggybhoy

And if I do buy one, will I be ostracised from the tone snob community for not having a valve amp?

I would imagine the settings are like pedals and aren't like other modellers with microchips and what not. Just a guess though.
Quote by greggybhoy

The Tech 21/Sansamp stuff is all analog. No digital componants whatsoever. They use transistors to emulate tube dynamics. These amps are widely known as the best solidstate/analog amps around. If you are going to own a solidstate amp, these are the one's to own. Even tube amp lovers know and agree with this.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION