Most believe that research into curing STDs should be done.. While on the radio yesterday I heard someone debating weather or not this should be done. He said something like, "We shouldn't be trying to cure these diseases, because we want to discourage people, especially teenagers from having sex."

I strongly disagree with that statement, but I want to know what The Pit thought...

Discuss.
sup?
Quote by ldl67
Most believe that research into curing STDs should be done.. While on the radio yesterday I heard someone debating weather or not this should be done. He said something like, "We shouldn't be trying to cure these diseases, because we want to discourage people, especially teenagers from having sex."

I strongly disagree with that statement, but I want to know what The Pit thought...

Discuss.

Do both
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Look for cures for STDs.

Teach intelligent sexual responsibility.

EDIT: For correct preposition usage.
Quote by Flying Couch
Look for cures into STDs.

Teach intelligent sexual responsibility.

This is the right answer.
The.
I don't think "most people" think that at all.

I've avoided the big ones thus far thankfully
Quote by ldl67

Discuss.

here is a paraphrase of the radio station's view:

lets threaten people with misery so we can force them to do what we want.

Quote by smb

I've avoided the big ones thus far thankfully

did you just admit something there? or am i reading too deep?
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Last edited by NoLaurelTree000 at Jun 17, 2008,
It seems a bit harsh. It's not just horny teenagers who get STDs. Older, more responsible members of society get them too. Does this guy want us all to stop having sex? Fat chance!

Then there's the argument of should we neglect someone with an ailment because we don't agree with how they got it? If a bank robber gets shot by the police and arrested, they stitch him/her up. He got shot whilst commiting a crime, but its inhumane to not offer them medical assistance.

I'm with you TS, I strongly disagree.
They're called STI's now.... but I agree with Flying Couch.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
here is a paraphrase of the radio station's view:

lets threaten people with misery so we can force them to do what we want.

yeah, that is called terrorism

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by smb
I don't think "most people" think that at all.

You believe that most people are in favour of not researching cures to STDs?
sup?
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
did you just admit something there? or am i reading too deep?
Without going into detail, I've known some bad ladies and had to visit the doctors afterwards.
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
yeah, that is called terrorism

Seems more like blackmail to me.
Quote by BLOBERT
BRO
There is only one reason pharma companies will research anything - Money.

There're alot of STDs out there and they're on the increase, that means money.

Dumb fucks like this twat on the radio won't stand between pharmaceutical companies and the never-ending search for profit.
The majority of STI's are curable. This sounds like one of those religious fanatics that believe sex is devils work... or something like that.
Quote by ldl67
You believe that most people are in favour of not researching cures to STDs?
Sorry - that was a skim-reading based failure. That's not what I meant. Obviously.
This is how the world works, Some1 smart grows up with morals and respect for the world, goes to school and is sees this world for what it is, money. Then trys to make a lot of it and looses all that he is. No cure for STDs the end.
www.Savetoby.com

Help Save Toby By Clicking Link Above!!!!!
That's ridiculous. We should be looking into cures for STD's no matter who it is that most gets them.
and this moment keeps on movin'
we were never meant to hold on.
It's whether.

Nah i'm just playin...

Anyways, I think STD's should be held out until we cure cancer, alztheimers, and any other incurable disease atm. Personally, I think we should cure old age. Someone said it was a disease, let's cure that one. Face it, with old age, comes death, and disease.

We need to find out what makes people old, and destroy it. Either that, or we need to find out how pople should be kept young, without using Olive Olay or some other random cream.

STD's though..hmm...i'm really undecided when it comes to this topic. Personally, I think these diseases should already be cured. Brilliant scientists can create a rocket that can go into space, but cannot cure the common cold.

That guy was an ass though, to put it simply. He probably didn't wait until he was married to have sex. A hypocrite in my eyes.
Yes, discourage people from sex. That's a good plan for the human race.

We need better sex education and research into treating the diseases.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
well if the pharm. companies were going to research it they would find a way to "treat" and not cure the stds to make more money. i bet aids is cureable but they are suppresing the cure to mak money. i mean the same thing happened with the atom bomb and lots of other keystone history events

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by Rocking-Rob
Thats as idiotic as saying "firemen shouldn't put out fires, they should be discouraging people from having paper in their house"

sup?
Quote by severed-metal
It's whether.

Nah i'm just playin...

Anyways, I think STD's should be held out until we cure cancer, alztheimers, and any other incurable disease atm. Personally, I think we should cure old age. Someone said it was a disease, let's cure that one. Face it, with old age, comes death, and disease.

We need to find out what makes people old, and destroy it. Either that, or we need to find out how pople should be kept young, without using Olive Olay or some other random cream.

STD's though..hmm...i'm really undecided when it comes to this topic. Personally, I think these diseases should already be cured. Brilliant scientists can create a rocket that can go into space, but cannot cure the common cold.

That guy was an ass though, to put it simply. He probably didn't wait until he was married to have sex. A hypocrite in my eyes.
Old age is a genetic disease of the soma and is caused by telomere degradation during DNA replication.

Nothing to destroy.
While we're at it, let's disband all fire departments so people will be encouraged to be more responsible with their electrical outlets!

I can't believe anyone would oppose researching cures for illnesses of any sort, regardless of how they're spread. I'd like to think that I'm respectful of others' opinions, but sweet Zombie Jesus! How dumb can a person get before their brains stop managing crucial bodily functions?

EDIT: Wow, two fireman analogies in a row? My apologies for poorly-timed plagiarism.
Quote by smb
Without going into detail, I've known some bad ladies and had to visit the doctors afterwards.

can you give me some numbers?
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Old age is a genetic disease of the soma and is caused by telomere degradation during DNA replication.

Nothing to destroy.

Well, we should find a way ro prevent it then. Cure it, or something.

I find it is a bigger disease than anything. If you can get past all the other diseases you catch during your lifetime.
Quote by abdulalhazred
can you give me some numbers?
Of clinics to check out your infections? Sure, PM me.
Quote by severed-metal

I find it is a bigger disease than anything. If you can get past all the other diseases you catch during your lifetime.
Telomerase renews Telomeres, we've known this for a long time, but it's difficult to activate a gene in every cell in the body when it's not supposed to be on.
Quote by severed-metal

You want people to live forever?
sup?
Quote by ldl67

I was unaware that most people died of STD's at the age of 80 and by curing them it would allow us to live forever.
Quote by Rocking-Rob
I was unaware that most people died of STD's at the age of 80 and by curing them it would allow us to live forever.
The dude he quoted was talking about curing old age before we do STDs
Quote by Rocking-Rob

Read what I was replying to first please.

EDIT: Sorry if that sounded a bit douche-ish..
sup?
Last edited by ldl67 at Jun 17, 2008,
Quote by RPGoof
So getting STDs is only limited to teenagers? What idiot thought that brilliant remark?

Maybe his Daughter Got something funny...
Quote by ldl67

Why not?

We're just curing old age, so they have the chance to live forever. It's not necessarily going to make them live forever.
Quote by ldl67

Discuss.
except for herpes and AIDS (both viral) STDs ARE curable.

but the only way to prevent spreading shiz like gonorrhea is to abstain until you're cured.
in other words ...

don't fuck with it.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
except for herpes and AIDS (both viral) STDs ARE curable.

but the only way to prevent spreading shiz like gonorrhea is to abstain until you're cured.
in other words ...

don't fuck with it.

Hepatitis B, genital herpes, Human Papilloma Virus (HPV), and the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) are all currently incurable.
sup?
Quote by Dr. Oysterhead
The majority of STI's are curable. This sounds like one of those religious fanatics that believe sex is devils work... or something like that.

Not genital warts, dude. And although it isn't as serious as the other ones, it is the one I fear the most. I don't want to walk around with my dick looking like Doomsday from Superman.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.