I built a footswitch for my randell pro tube 2000 by connecting both leads on an spst switch to the ground of a mono 1/4 inch jack as I have seen several people make on here. It does not work. Is there a different kind of switch? I vaguely recall a discusion on latching and nonlatching or somthing like that. ALL HELP IS APRECIATED.
How many channels does it have?
Quote by Peradactyl
alright, off topic but how do i make forum posts

Quote by The_Paranoia
a4lrocker is an offical thread legend.
Ok...then you only need a mono jack. I could post a schematic that may or may not be right if you want?
Quote by Peradactyl

Quote by The_Paranoia
This is the one I got from Crate. It switches between 3 channels so you only have to do one little loop thing. The LED isn't really necessary but its nice to add. That is if it works...anyway
Quote by Peradactyl

Quote by The_Paranoia
Normal cables(mono) have two sections on the end, the tip and the sleeve. Stereo ones have three sections, the tip, ring, and sleeve. If it has a switchable reverb or something then you may want that but I don't know for sure.
Quote by Peradactyl

Quote by The_Paranoia
I think I would only need stereo if I was using an LED in the footswitch, correct me if I am wrong.
You can still put LEDs in with mono.
Quote by Peradactyl

Quote by The_Paranoia
My amp has 3 footswitchable effects so uses a stereo cable. 1 switch goes on tip, another on ring, 3rd switch is both. Mine doesnt have a fixed length cable it just uses a stereo instrument cable. So a mono cable may not do what is needed or switch the wrong thing.
For my Frontman 25R (stfu) I made a footswitch with a stereo cable by grounding the ring to the sleeve (those were the only wires it had...it had no lead for the tip )

Pic in profile (it's also a killswitch pedal for changing guitars).