Hello everyone, I was just wondering you had any places where I could find some nice Pentatonic (major/minor) licks.
Depends on what you already know? Ht me up and maybe get ya some new stuff.
Well I know both major and minor pentatonics all over the fretboard. However i don't know any licks that sound nice. HAha
I have a ton... What kind do you want? Like fast repeating licks, or bluesy licks, or rock licks, etc...?
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
Quote by andrew6986
Bluesy licks, Slow kind of rock licks. Like classic rock.

Okay, here's one

------------5--------------------------------------------------
-------5--------8b10------------------------------------------
--7b9----------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------
this is used all the time by EVERY guitar player... I'll post some more soon

It's in A minor pentatonic, but you can move it to any minor pentatonic scale (its in the first box.)
Quote by andrew6986
Wow I like that one a lot.FEED ME!

Haha. OK, here's another bluesy lick.

---10b12~~~~~--10b12~~~~----10b12~~~--10--8~~~~~-------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is in the second box of a minor pent... This lick looks simple (which it is) but it can sound great with lots of feeling and vibrato put into it. SRV uses this alot so listen to some of his playing and you'll probably reconginize this lick (aswell as the other one i showed you.)
argh i already knew the first one shown but the second one, easy as it is, i dont use much.

any others?
↓↑ MISDIRECT ↑↓

The (Rather Basic) Rig:
- 1982 Marshall JCM 800 2204 (Feels good, man)
- 1960 Marshall AV Cab (Vintage 30s, Feels good, man)
- A shitty MIM strat
- Fulltone OCD (Jizztastic)
- Dunlop Classic Crybaby
---------12----------------
-------------12----15v----
---14b---------------------
-----------------------------
Quote by guitarplaya322
if you want more blues licks, i suggest you check out this thread
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=793974&page=1&pp=20
there's tons of licks to learn in that thread!

if you're not interested in blues licks, just tell me and i can post some cool rock licks.

I would like some rockish/metal type licks if you have some, my good sir.
[quote="'Anno[fzk"]']I would like some rockish/metal type licks if you have some, my good sir.
Pentatonics wont get you very far in metal.. But i could give you some cool classic rock/rockish licks... im not really a metal kinda guy

< play 4 times   >  <       play 4 times          >
--8p5--7p5-----5------11p8--10p8-------8----------------------------------
---------------7-------------------------10----------11b13~~~~~----------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jimmy page uses a lick sorta like this in the heartbreaker solo, and he uses a lick sort of like this live in alot of solos.

Sorry if its not the style your looking for
Last edited by guitarplaya322 at Jun 17, 2008,