Well, i have been playing for about 6 months now, and i seem to be stuck at a gap, where im not getting better anymore. I dont know what to work on!

I know a few scales, a few riffs here and their, some easy songs (House of the rising sun, simple man, iron man w/o solo...)

I can't move my fingers very fast down the frets, i see really good players on the internet or in real life and feel discouraged.

I just dont know what to do anymore, any help would be great... What did you do when you first started? What did you practice, how long did you practice? etc etc

Any help would be great
practice never ends!!!!!! A few things to help build speed is a metronome with out one you will stay slow and sloppy. Exercises chromatic strait runs chromatic scalar runs. Hybrid picking d/u. Memorizing formulas for chords. Anything else?
Don't feel discouraged. Everyone is at that level of skill at some point in their career, usually about where you are so im sure you're doin fine. I'll admit I get discouraged a lot, but just remember that you're playing guitar for the fun of it! Just enjoy playing it, and play it often, and you'll get better.

As to some ideas as to what to practice, it depends on what you like. I personally like classic/hard rock and I also think that its more simple to learn than some metal stuff (well duh). Some bands I would look at are Led Zeppelin (just the riffs, its actually hard stuff I'll admit), AC/DC is a good one, Black Sabbath has very simple progressions... To be honest I can't remember what I started with. Smoke on the Water (Deep Purple), Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana), Buddy Holly (Weezer), or any other songs that are just chords. Blitzkreig Bop by The Ramones even...
So think about that, just look for easy chord songs to get your rhythm better, and stuff like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath to improve your riffing. Some good starter Zeppelin songs would be Moby Dick (drop D tuning btw), Livin Lovin Maid (easy solo), or Heartbreaker.
I dunno what else to say. I hope I helped!

Rock on! \m/
Quote by RIP_bonham
Don't feel discouraged. Everyone is at that level of skill at some point in their career, usually about where you are so im sure you're doin fine. I'll admit I get discouraged a lot, but just remember that you're playing guitar for the fun of it! Just enjoy playing it, and play it often, and you'll get better.

As to some ideas as to what to practice, it depends on what you like. I personally like classic/hard rock and I also think that its more simple to learn than some metal stuff (well duh). Some bands I would look at are Led Zeppelin (just the riffs, its actually hard stuff I'll admit), AC/DC is a good one, Black Sabbath has very simple progressions... To be honest I can't remember what I started with. Smoke on the Water (Deep Purple), Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana), Buddy Holly (Weezer), or any other songs that are just chords. Blitzkreig Bop by The Ramones even...
So think about that, just look for easy chord songs to get your rhythm better, and stuff like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath to improve your riffing. Some good starter Zeppelin songs would be Moby Dick (drop D tuning btw), Livin Lovin Maid (easy solo), or Heartbreaker.
I dunno what else to say. I hope I helped!

Rock on! \m/

Thanks RIP, i looked at them Moby Dick tabs, looks nice. I tryed it a little, but since im so slow im going at like 1/3 the speed of the real song.